Voting resources, early voting, and poll worker information - VOTE. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

Read TX and RX
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Read TX and RX

by crashed on Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:49 am

Hello,

Is there a way to read input from the TX and RX? I would like to read input from an HC-06 Bluetooth controller.

Thank you!

crashed

Re: Read TX and RX

by kcl1s on Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:57 pm

There are lots of projects on Instructables https://www.instructables.com/ that use the HC05 / HC06 modules including the one our club did. https://www.instructables.com/id/3D-Printed-Maze-Controlled-by-Your-Android-Device/

Adafruit does not sell the modules so you may not get 'Admin' support but others will likely chime in with suggestions if you have trouble.

Fellow hobbyist
Keith

kcl1s

by crashed on Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:09 pm

Thanks!

I actually have the Arduino code that will read in the values, but I am trying to make the project "kid friendly" for a camp in a couple of weeks. I was hoping to integrate it with the MakeCode blocks, and I didn't see a MakeCode block for tx and rx. However, I am not as familiar with MakeCode as I am with programming through the Arduino interface.

I dont need anything specifically on how to get it to work for the HC-06 - but rather just how to use MakeCode with the TX and RX, so crossing my fingers Adafruit "admin" is OK with providing direction on that. :)

I took peak at the links provided and didnt see anything specifically mentioning makecode - but maybe I missed something?

Thanks again!

crashed

by kcl1s on Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:57 pm

Sorry. I was just reading new post and I did not look at the category. You did not mention the language in the post.

My bad
Keith

kcl1s

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.