Using makecode and Neopixel
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Using makecode and Neopixel

by simonc8 on Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:52 pm

I generally use Mozilla Firefox for makecode programming of the bbc microbit, but I have noticed something strange. If I start a new project and add the Neopixel package the image of the microbit in the simulator disappears, and no code I write will run or can be downloaded to the microbit.

If I do the same using Internet Explorer everything works properly.

Can anyone suggest anything about my Firefox settings which I could change to allow me to use the Neopixel package? I have already tried clearing the cache and cookies, but that made no difference.

Grateful for ideas.

Firefox No simulator with Neopixel package.png
Firefox No simulator with Neopixel package.png (214.26 KiB) Viewed 128 times

simonc8

Re: Using makecode and Neopixel

by MrSolrac on Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:49 pm

Did you ever get this resolved? I was having the same issues on Chrome, but i got it working by going to the developer tools view and clearing the application storage. The downside was i last all the project i had :-(

MrSolrac

by simonc8 on Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:45 am

The solution was to clear the cache in Firefox, which sounds the same as what you did in Chrome.

simonc8

by johnpark on Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:06 pm

Sorry to hear you lost your project while clearing the cache -- one thing you can do if you're concerned about loosing work in MakeCode is to switch over to the Java section of the UI for a moment and copy the code. You can paste it into a text document somewhere if you like. Later, you can paste that into a fresh session of MakeCode and go back to the blocks UI.

johnpark

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.