Voting resources, early voting, and poll worker information - VOTE. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

Can Adafruit give consent to upload updated Make Code for La
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Can Adafruit give consent to upload updated Make Code for La

by Blueshark on Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:27 am

I recently made an updated version of the Make Code (code) for the "Laser Tag" tutorial on the Adafruit Learning Site for the Make Code section.

Here's the "Laser Tag" tutorial Adafruit site: https://learn.adafruit.com/circuit-play ... -laser-tag

The code offered for download by the Adafruit site seems old, from an earlier version of Make Code; the code doesn't work with the Circuit Playground Express.

The New Version I came up with by following the Tutorial steps works as expected as described by the Tutorial.

Due to the lack of some steps in the tutorial, I believe a student using Make Code may have difficulties replicating the tutorial.

I just read about the consent part in the Make Code share code button; So I believe I need Adafruits permission before I click on the Share Button, to share the updated code..... Can I Have Permission From Adafruit to Publish the Updated "Laser Tag" code. I mean if I had a some problem figuring out the variables and how the blocks work and thanks to my experience in coding I figured it out, I'm sure a student learning about variables and other basic functions will definitely have problems figuring this Block Code out; the tutorial doesn't explain the code well, and since Make Code is targeted to young students, I believe this updated code will help.

Thanks.

Blueshark

Re: Can Adafruit give consent to upload updated Make Code fo

by Blueshark on Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:07 pm

I assume All Adafruit code is Open Source, I haven't seen any proprietary code from Adafruit so far.

I was just too curious to find out if there was a Make Code portal or something like a repository of code when I pressed the share button, but no just a link to the code to use to share your code.

heres the Laser Tag code if anyone needs it
https://makecode.com/_Xp18s1LMpYFt

Can someone verify that it works on their Circuit Playground Express.

Thanks

Blueshark

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.