Feather M0 Express Maker.MakeCode Tone (not)

Microsoft's MakeCode platform for easy blocks-style programming

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Virgil_Machine

Feather M0 Express Maker.MakeCode Tone (not)

Post by Virgil_Machine »

I have been trying a simple play tone sketch on maker.makecode with a Feather M0 Express.

I get a lot of other stuff to work (on button press, light blinking, IR sensor), but when I try even the simplest example from their tutorial using a piezo connected ti A0 and GND, all I get is a single high pitched tone that does not stop. If tries multiple tones with "rests" in between, different feathers, different piezos--same result.

I've also tries similar arduino code with the same hardware, and that works as expected, as does the web simulator.

My hypothesis is that the maker.makecode play tone function does not work for the Feather M0 Express. Has anyone tried or heard any thing about this?

Here's a screen shot of a very simple example that behaves as described above (yes I know it's play sound, but play tone has the exact same problem).
makecode.jpg
makecode.jpg (115.85 KiB) Viewed 379 times

johnpark

Re: Feather M0 Express Maker.MakeCode Tone (not)

Post by johnpark »

I got the same response -- no audio. I'm adding this to an existing bug report for Trinket M0, as it may be related. https://github.com/microsoft/pxt-maker/issues/234

Virgil_Machine

Re: Feather M0 Express Maker.MakeCode Tone (not)

Post by Virgil_Machine »

Thank you. FYI--I just tried it with a Metro M0 Express with the same result. Does indeed sound like a bug.

I cross-posted on the maker.makecode forum. No response yet.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “MakeCode”