PyGamer mono audio on the default game?

Microsoft's MakeCode platform for easy blocks-style programming

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
kevinjwalters

PyGamer mono audio on the default game?

Post by kevinjwalters »

The audio only appears to come out of the left speaker / earphone when I use an amplifier or headphones on it with the Digi-Key game that comes on it. Is that intentional? It's the same on both PyGamers I have.

Also for the optional mini oval speaker, which way is this intended to be attached to the PyGamer? It has adhesive on both sides, a small disc on one side, a large oval ring on the outer edge of the other.

adafruit2

Re: PyGamer mono audio on the default game?

Post by adafruit2 »

1) last we checked, there was only mono audio for headphones on the pygamer w/makecode. if you want stereo in a pinch, you can 'jumper' A0 to A1 on the feather headers - that may feed A0 (working) into A1 (not). also please try the 3.7.0 bootloader or open bug entries at GitHub.com/Microsoft/pxt-arcade

2) either way! it does not make any difference we found

kevinjwalters

Post by kevinjwalters »

I've turned my volume up to 255 in MakeCode and noticed that my uncased PyGamer was louder if I pressed it down onto some paper on a desk. I unstuck the speaker and stuck it back on with the silver disc visible and this now seems louder particularly for middle C and below.

I would be interested to hear from anyone who has used PyGamers cased and uncased as to whether the standard or other cases make the audio louder with the standard oval speaker?

kevinjwalters

Post by kevinjwalters »

Is it worth having a few holes in the board where the speaker goes to let sound through to the front? I know zilch about speaker/enclosure design, btw, this could make it worse! I'm just wondering if there are some easy ways with the PCB and case to boost sound?

kevinjwalters

Post by kevinjwalters »

kevinjwalters

Post by kevinjwalters »

A rediscovery of the effect of speaker orientation on loudness, this time on a STEMMA board: Adafruit Blog: VIDEO: STEMMA Speaker Hack Gives More Oomph.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “MakeCode”