PyGamer 090 error on default game

Microsoft's MakeCode platform for easy blocks-style programming

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
kevinjwalters

PyGamer 090 error on default game

Post by kevinjwalters »

I think I can make the PyGamer default game crash with following sequence (reproducible on both of my PyGamers):
  • Switch PyGamer on (USB powered) - shows v3.6.0 on PYGAMERBOOT intro/reset screen,
  • Preset reset to get to the Digi-Key Game, wait for music to finish and cue to press A,
  • Press A three times to start game running,
  • Press select, move joytstick twice to right to select "BRIGHTNESS DOWN (100)",
  • Press A - a pixelated three digit 090 appears in middle of screen - above it might be an unhappy red face.
Is 090 an error/crash code? There's a list of a few error codes on https://arcade.makecode.com/hardware/errors but it doesn't include this one.

adafruit_support_carter

Re: PyGamer 090 error on default game

Post by adafruit_support_carter »

I'm seeing same thing. I'd say file an issue. Maybe here?
https://forum.makecode.com/
or maybe here:
https://github.com/microsoft/pxt-arcade/issues

kevinjwalters

Post by kevinjwalters »

Thanks, I wasn't sure whose camp this belonged in partly due to lack of familiarity with this new hardware and the absence of documentation on the 090 error. There is a discussion on Stuck on Error Code 090 on Meowbit] but that doesn't describe the error either.

The 090 error happens with both v3.6.0 and v3.7.0 bootloaders.

kevinjwalters

Post by kevinjwalters »

adafruit_support_carter

Post by adafruit_support_carter »

Thanks for creating the issue. Looks like the correct place and they've already responded.

dodjer

Post by dodjer »

Just unboxed this and i cant get it to work. when plugged into the PC only comes up with pygamerboot:S once and displays the contents of the device but then it freezes my file explorer as it can't read the contents of the drive. All i can do is unplug the usb and the file explorer un freezes. When i plug the pygamer bak in it only see's the device as usb drive S and still cant read the drive. In order to get the pc to recognise the pygamer as pygamerboot again i have to restart the pc WITHOUT IT PLUGED IN or my pc wont shut down or boot. Also when turned on and not pluged in to the pc audio setting works, fps works, jackdoc console and dashboard dose nothing, console dose nothing and brightnes up or down just comes up with an unhappy face and 090 error and a flashing red led with SOS in morse code.

At the moment this is a brick and i cant seem to get it to do any more than above. any help would be mutch appreciated thanks.

johnpark

Post by johnpark »

Could you try this with a powered USB hub to rule out a current drop causing the problem?

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “MakeCode”