Voting resources, early voting, and poll worker information - VOTE. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

How to add external sensor to CPX in makecode?
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

How to add external sensor to CPX in makecode?

by Mathpun on Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:52 am

Hello! I am trying to add a neopixel strip (working) and a flora color sensor to my CPX -- I know the CPX has a built in color sensor BUT I want the sensor to be in another place from my CPX -- so how can I add a sensor in makecode to the CPX? I have a feeling it has to do with add a pin but no clue ---

this guy (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tynax9kGSx4) add a servo and a light strip but since the light sensor is neither of those I wasnt sure how to do it :(

the flora color sensor is connect to the CPX in the following places: GND, SCL, SDA, 3.3V --- so which one is the pin that I would use??

Basically what are the block codes to add this sensor -- I know how to get a color sensor readings and display it on my neopixel strip with the built-in sensor and just trying to use readings from an external sensor -- thanks!!

Mathpun

Re: How to add external sensor to CPX in makecode?

by johnpark on Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:43 pm

That sensor uses I2C to communicate, so in MakeCode you'd be looking at the Advanced > Pins > I2C blocks. I haven't tried this, so I'm not sure exactly how you specify the data (SDA) and clock (SCL) connections. I'll try to get this working and post my results.

johnpark

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.