PyGamer - USB not recognized

Microsoft's MakeCode platform for easy blocks-style programming

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Profshanks

PyGamer - USB not recognized

Post by Profshanks »

I have a PyGamer that I received in an AdaBox. Used it with not problems; ignored it for a few months; now when I turn it on all I get is 5 red leds. The charge light is yellow; D13 blinks slowly. My computer claims "USB device not recognized." (see attached screenshot).

I am guessing that the firmware/bootloader is toast, but it won't come up as a drive, so I cant do the .uf2 thing. Which makes the MakeCode thing kinda impossible...

I have a good cord (with charge-only cords it does not throw the "USB device not recognized" error, it just sits there and tries to charge). I have tried ALL of my cords, and I have a lot of them. The cord is not the problem here...

Any ideas how I can try to refresh the bootloader/firmware if it won't recognize the USB?

Many thanks,
profShanks
Attachments
sqldeveloper64W_F6ixSTgvFz.png
sqldeveloper64W_F6ixSTgvFz.png (84.23 KiB) Viewed 694 times

johnpark

Re: PyGamer - USB not recognized

Post by johnpark »

With it plugged in over USB have you tried both single- and double-pressing the PyGamer's reset button?

There are also issues around having Kaspersky anti-virus running which blocks the appearance of the CIRCUITPY drive. That and some other troubleshooting tips on this page may be worth a look https://learn.adafruit.com/welcome-to-c ... leshooting

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “MakeCode”