Radio comm between Micro:Bit and adafruit's

Microsoft's MakeCode platform for easy blocks-style programming

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Wolfman2004

Radio comm between Micro:Bit and adafruit's

Post by Wolfman2004 »

I am a happy user of Micro:Bit in MakeCode (Micro:Bit version), and for some projects I make use of its ability to use radio to send and receive data from or to other Micro:Bit's.

But the M:B has some size to it.

Is any of the smaller Adafruit boards like for example the Trinket M0 or any of the Feather's able to radio communicate with the M:B's, and if there is which boards can do so or what is the keyword I must look for?

I.e. If I set up the M:B to join radio group 12, and has a Trinket M0 set to radio group 12, will they be able to send / receive communication with each other?

blnkjns

Re: Radio comm between Micro:Bit and adafruit's

Post by blnkjns »

Just look for NRF52... boards, like the Itsy Bitsy nRF52840 or the Arduino Nano 33 BLE. They all share similar microcontrollers, with the major difference the amount of flash and ram.

Wolfman2004

Post by Wolfman2004 »

Thank you.

And the nRF52 boards would be able to radio talk with my Micro:Bit boards if set to same radio group?

blnkjns

Post by blnkjns »

You did not tell me which micro:bit you have, I have to say they are using the same chips as the micro:bit v2. But I guess they will be backwards compatible with nRF51 in the micro:bit v1 as well.
What kind of code do you put on the micro:bits right now? How do you program them?
Myself I'm still trying to find out how to enable the regular radio in the microbit within the Arduino IDE, I have it on my to-do list:
https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=700944.0

Wolfman2004

Post by Wolfman2004 »

Hi again.

I have both the version 2 and the version 1.

I create my codes in Micro:Bit MakeCode, downloads the HEX file and transfers the file to the Micro:Bit.

So no Arduino or MicroPython.

I am starting to "play" with Adafruit Gemma M0, and use MakeCode to create YF2 files that also is transferred to the Gemma board.

Other Adafruit boards, most including nRF52 radio system, has been ordered from Adafruit. So looking forward for more toy...

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “MakeCode”