Clue, Bonsai Buckaroo, and Acrylic Case

For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
ryliepavlik

Clue, Bonsai Buckaroo, and Acrylic Case

Post by ryliepavlik »

Just a heads-up - though Ladyada mentioned on the "new" video that the acrylic case https://www.adafruit.com/product/4675 fits with the bonsai buckaroo, I found that mine didn't (just barely). (The two PCBs are from the Adabox). I should be able to shim it to work, but perhaps some tweaks for future runs (my bag says 2020-06-29) might be warranted.

Specifically:

If you try to put the case on before the Buckaroo, the Buckaroo won't fit - it will interfere with the back (piece D) as it tries to occupy the same space as the little fingers.

If you put the Buckaroo on first, you can almost get the case to fit if you assemble it starting with the top screws but do not tighten them, but at least on mine, the width of the buckaroo interferes with putting in the last bottom-corner screw - it pushes piece "C" out of line with the other screw holes. I swung one "piece C" off to the side for now - will probably file down the edge of the Buckaroo next time I get a chance.

raleighmclemore

Re: Clue, Bonsai Buckaroo, and Acrylic Case

Post by raleighmclemore »

Sounds to be my exact problem. I tried removing the acrylic pieces but the bonsai card won't fit into the case once it is assembled. Let me know what you do to make the case fit the bonsai card as I was planning on putting this outside to feed my brand new BANNED plant ("Arthur") and the case seemed like it would provide some degree of protection.

If anyone has an idea of how to use the acrylic case and the bonsai card let me know.

Thanks!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “CLUE Board”