Why is my computer unable to recognize CLUE?
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Why is my computer unable to recognize CLUE?

by person09 on Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:38 pm

I have seen my MAC only recognize the CLUE only one time. The MAC does not recognize the board as an external device. When I go to About this Mac > System Report "Adafruit CLUE" is listed but when it isn't showing anywhere else. The Arduino IDE also does not see a board attached. Everything is band new, the board and the USB A to B cable. I even tried restarting the computer but nothing happens.

There are a lot of people in my class who appear to have the same problem, but there's no way to phone in for tech support and it's hard to believe that over 30 of these can be defective. Yet people need this to work for their grades.

person09

Re: Why is my computer unable to recognize CLUE?

by kevinjwalters on Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:17 am

Some of the sections in the main guide go through connectivity and troubleshooting: Introducing Adafruit CLUE: CircuitPython on CLUE.

I've tried using another Adafruit board in a school and not all of the functionality worked over USB presumably due to additional controls in the security software which the school had applied. Is the Mac your personal one or does it have an operating system managed by an institution of some kind? If the latter then it would be interesting to find out if every single Mac has the identical issue.

There could also just be some sort of software conflict, one example is "DriveDx and its accompanything SAT SMART Driver", mentioned on https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-clu ... -2978448-5

kevinjwalters

Re: Why is my computer unable to recognize CLUE?

by adafruit_support_carter on Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:40 pm

The above are good suggestions and questions. Esp. the part about the computer being yours or controlled by the school's IT dept.?

adafruit_support_carter

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.