CLUE using MU cant run any programs

For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
soky157

CLUE using MU cant run any programs

Post by soky157 »

Hello,
I not been able to use the Clue. I have tried using Mu and Python and Arduino. Using Mu I was only able print Hello World to the Clue screen. Clue Spirit Level wont run. None of the apps from Ladyada will either. I have read thru all the documentation on Adafruits website. I am totally lost. Would someone please help me? I havent a clue.

adafruit_support_carter

Re: CLUE using MU cant run any programs

Post by adafruit_support_carter »

Using Mu I was only able print Hello World to the Clue screen.
Can you at least repeat this success? To have gotten that far, it seems like the basics are at least working.

soky157

Post by soky157 »

Not sure what you mean "can you repeat this process/success. I would appreciate a Step by Step on how to get just the Clue Spirit level to Load and Run. I think that I would be able go do other things with success on the Clue.

adafruit_support_carter

Before we try to use the Spirit Level code, we should make sure the basics work. Like the ability to even see the CLUE with Mu and have a basic program run. You say you can't program it, yet you were able to somehow "print Hello World to the Clue screen". How did you do that?

soky157

Post by soky157 »

I followed the instructions regarding the Print statement or something like that but have not yet been to replicate it.

adafruit_support_carter

OK, let's figure that out. Where you doing things via the REPL? Or by saving code to a file (like code.py)?

soky157

Post by soky157 »

According to MU instructions I load the Adafruit example. I then load REPL using Ctrl D but nothing happens. In Modes I choose ADAFRUIT. If I choose not to load REPL i SAVE the program (I read that is also supposed to run the program...it doesnt.

adafruit_support_carter

Only files with a specific name will automatically run:
https://learn.adafruit.com/welcome-to-c ... 2977482-38
Are you using one of those filenames?

soky157

Post by soky157 »

I will look at the Auto Run specific file names you mentioned. Please note that I have found success using Arduino with the Clue!!!!! In the Mu documentation islt mentions that Mu won't work with nrf52840. Could that be the reason I am having difficulities?

I am amazed at the help and kindness from everyone in the Forum and you from Adafruit. Thank you sincerely.

soky157

adafruit_support_carter

If Arduino is working, then that's totally fine. CircuitPython is just another option for how to program and use the CLUE. And you can always switch from one to the other if you want.

You should have been able to get basic functionality working with Mu and the CLUE. I just ran a simple test which I've screen cap'd below.
Attachments
Screenshot from 2020-09-10 16-18-11.png
Screenshot from 2020-09-10 16-18-11.png (70.2 KiB) Viewed 347 times

soky157

Post by soky157 »

Thank you. One last question please. Does Adafruit have more Libraries and Examples for using Arduino or CircuitPython?

adafruit_support_carter

Not sure. There may be more Arduino stuff, but that's simply because it's been around longer. The amount of CircuitPython content is also huge and growing fast. A lot of the most recent guides have been written only in CircuitPython.

But don't think of one being better than the other. They both make different trade offs.

summerij

Post by summerij »

Hello, I'm having a similar issue. I plugged my CLUE into my Mac and now I have "Hello World!" and nothing more. It seems like the base CLUE code is gone, meaning all I get on the CLUE is "Hello World" and then something about awaiting a reload. And my lib file in code.py is empty. What do I need to do to get back to a functioning CLUE? I'm using the MU editor.

adafruit_support_carter

@summerij Please start a new thread for your issue.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “CLUE Board”