CLUE not powering up with battery

For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
mvn

Re: CLUE not powering up with battery

Post by mvn »

I swapped the pins in the JST and things are good now. I have asked Sales to cancel the replacement. Is swapped JST polarity a common issue with https://www.adafruit.com/product/727? Also, I find no polarity indicators on the CLUE board itself. That might be a good addition in the future. Thanks all!

adafruit_support_carter

Post by adafruit_support_carter »

Also, I find no polarity indicators on the CLUE board itself.
Yah, that would definitely help. I think that's been noted before and may get added in future revs.

Swapped leads has happened before on some of these. It's very rare though. If you can, please post a photo of it and I'll pass it on so QA knows.

Sorry that happened but glad we figured it out.

@l8throp Awesome suggestion! Thanks!

mvn

Post by mvn »

Can't photo the item anymore as I swapped the leads (pretty easy to do if you have a VERY pointy stick -- titanium toothpicks work well). I'll try to remember if there is a next time :)

kevinjwalters

Post by kevinjwalters »

I've had to do this with 3rd party lithium polymer batteries (GNB AKA GaoNeng) but it's very surprising to see it on that battery holder.

On a battery holder you can remove the batteries to avoid the risks of shorts but I used a wooden cocktail stick because that's not an option with a LiPo and something non conductive is safer.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “CLUE Board”