Please note: Friday June 18 is a holiday celebrating Juneteenth, please allow extra time for your order to arrive and plan accordingly.

CLUE and Eclipse
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

CLUE and Eclipse

by liquidsquid793 on Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:48 am

I personally would prefer to work in the Eclipse environment for the Clue as I have a medium complexity project in mind, and the Eclipse environment is what I am used to. I dabbled a little in Arduino GUI last night and it is a little more simplistic than I need for this project. I am a lazy guy and like the helper text while coding that Eclipse provides.

The other part of not wanting to use Arduino is I have some C code I would like to re-use and port over to this project, maybe C++ as I tend to code object-wise anyhow. Stuff like serial console formatted menus/outputs for debug and real-time data that I want to direct to Bluetooth, and then gauges and dials I have been maintaining for years that I may finally go public with, which would be a lot of fun on the Clue.

So I am looking into Sloeber Eclipse, which touts itself as a GUI for Arduino boards, but I cannot get the Third party index url of:
https://www.adafruit.com/package_adafruit_index.json to work to get at the CLUE support. I get the following:

I am a little rusty on this sort of setup as I am spoiled by vendor installs "just working", and I am primarily a hardware guy with tons of low-level code experience (drivers, signaling, etc.), not at a Arduino level, certainly not in Linux, though I do need to learn it enough to support customers that come to use from universities.

My poor search-foo is not finding much on Clue + Eclipse hits, any pointers to help me get going?

Also, is it possible to perform line-by-line debugging/stepping on the Clue? Or is the intention serial port prints?

Lastly should I be asking these sorts of questions on Discord and deal with getting sucked in helping others?

I am able to run/compile/upload/modify the demos just fine on the board. Very cool so far!

Thanks in advance
-Mark

liquidsquid793

Re: CLUE and Eclipse

by liquidsquid793 on Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:49 pm

I've given up on that distro of Eclipse, so instead making a little better progress with MS Visual Studio Code. I have been following this somewhat of a guide:

https://www.codeproject.com/Articles/51 ... -in-Visual

But falling flat with getting the c_cpp_properties.json all set for the Clue platform.

I tried using the example directly out of VS Code; ARCADA_CLUE_TEST and the demo doesn't work without a lot of tweaks, and I don't know what I am doing wrong now. The generated example with added defines and an added path is attached. I have a feeling it is something dumb (like even attempting this).

I hope someone here can help as having the added functionality of Code is nice.

Thanks
Attachments
arcada_clue_test.zip
(3.63 KiB) Downloaded 1 time

liquidsquid793

Re: CLUE and Eclipse

by liquidsquid793 on Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:37 pm

Root of problem found for why I looked for a new dev environment, see new post.

liquidsquid793

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.