Unable to program CLUE

For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
geekguy

Unable to program CLUE

Post by geekguy »

Hi,

I am not able to program my CLUE from the Arduino IDE (v1.8.13).

I am getting the error:

Code: Select all

Arduino: 1.8.13 (Linux), TD: 1.53, Board: "Adafruit CLUE, 0.3.2 SoftDevice s140 6.1.1, Level 0 (Release)"

Usage: adafruit-nrfutil dfu [OPTIONS] COMMAND [ARGS]...
Try 'adafruit-nrfutil dfu --help' for help.

Error: No such command 'genpkg'.
exit status 2
/opt/arduino-1.8.13/arduino-builder returned 2
Error compiling for board Adafruit CLUE.

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.
I have already double-checked that I have everything that I need installed and I do. I do not know what the problem is.

8-Dale

kevinjwalters

Re: Unable to program CLUE

Post by kevinjwalters »

I think I've arduino'ed twice on the CLUE. I just compiled my last code on Windows at level 2 debug with 1.8.13. Towards the end I see a similar step but it doesn't error:

"C:\\Users\\xxxx\\AppData\\Local\\Arduino15\\packages\\arduino\\tools\\arm-none-eabi-gcc\\7-2017q4/bin/arm-none-eabi-objcopy" -O ihex "C:\\Users\\xxxx\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_851832/clue-mains-frequency.ino.elf" "C:\\Users\\xxxx\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_851832/clue-mains-frequency.ino.hex"
"C:\\Users\\xxxx\\AppData\\Local\\Arduino15\\packages\\adafruit\\hardware\\nrf52\\0.19.0/tools/adafruit-nrfutil/win32/adafruit-nrfutil.exe" dfu genpkg --dev-type 0x0052 --sd-req 0x00B6 --application "C:\\Users\\xxxx\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_851832/clue-mains-frequency.ino.hex" "C:\\Users\\xxxx\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_851832/clue-mains-frequency.ino.zip"
Zip created at C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_851832/clue-mains-frequency.ino.zip
Using library Wire at version 1.0 in folder: C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\adafruit\hardware\nrf52\0.19.0\libraries\Wire 
Turn up debug and check how many versions of adafruit-nrfutil you have. If you have 0 (unlikely) or 2 versions installed that could explain the problem! Might be worth checking if you have Nordic's version installed, there's mention of possible interference in https://github.com/adafruit/Adafruit_nR ... /issues/22

PS C:\> C:\\Users\\xxxx\\AppData\\Local\\Arduino15\\packages\\adafruit\\hardware\\nrf52\\0.19.0/tools/adafruit-nrfutil/win32/adafruit-nrfutil.exe version
adafruit-nrfutil version 0.5.3.post12

adafruit_support_carter

Re: Unable to program CLUE

Post by adafruit_support_carter »

Is this a new install of Arduino? Have ever been able to program the CLUE?

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “CLUE Board”