Component Tester made with Adafruit CLUE

For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
kevinjwalters

Component Tester made with Adafruit CLUE

Post by kevinjwalters »

I started a component tester on the Adafruit CLUE last year but moved onto other things and have only just got back to that project to finish it. I've got to fix a small bug but thought I'd mention it here in case anyone's got ideas for killer (software-based) features.

It's more about showing what can be done with minimal (four) external components and an interpreted language like CircuitPython than making an ultra-precise LCR tester. It's based on the octopus testers (AKA I/V curve tracers) found on some old oscilloscopes using a similar approach within the confines of the 3.3V voltage range. It can be seen on Adafruit CLUE component tester identifying a panoply of components (YouTube) and here's two screen grabs showing it doing its thing with a 1k resistor.
CLUE component tester with 1k resistor - I/V graph with identification including graphical id
CLUE component tester with 1k resistor - I/V graph with identification including graphical id
clue-component-tester-ivwithgraphic-1kresistor-videograb1.jpg (415.65 KiB) Viewed 1724 times
CLUE component tester with 1k resistor - two channel I V graph showing same phase
CLUE component tester with 1k resistor - two channel I V graph showing same phase
clue-component-tester-1kresistor-2chan-videograb2.jpg (398.63 KiB) Viewed 1724 times

adafruit_support_mike

Re: Component Tester made with Adafruit CLUE

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

Nice.. thanks for posting the project!

adafruit_support_mike

Re: Component Tester made with Adafruit CLUE

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “CLUE Board”