Managing program files with Mu and Clue

For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Russell2Point0

Managing program files with Mu and Clue

Post by Russell2Point0 »

Howdy,
I have been writing some progs for my Clue and I love it, but I hate the development process (or, at least, I hate the way I am doing it.)

I am trying to find an efficient development workflow that allows me to run multiple programs without risking losing recent changes by continually overwriting code.py on the Clue every time I want to run a different program.

I think I am looking at this the wrong way. How is it meant to work?

Thanks for your help!

dastels

Re: Managing program files with Mu and Clue

Post by dastels »

I always work on my computer's file system, with each project in a separate directory. You can use any editor to work on them and you can call them all code.py since each is in a different place. When you want to test/run one you just copy it (and any required libraries or other files) to the board. I wrote a python script to automate the process from the command line. It's been expanded to work on MacOS and Windows as well as the original Linux. You can find it here: https://github.com/dastels/circuitpython_deploy.

Dave

Russell2Point0

Re: Managing program files with Mu and Clue

Post by Russell2Point0 »

dastels wrote:I always work on my computer's file system, with each project in a separate directory.
Dave
Thanks, Dave! I now know that I haven't missed some Mu feature that handles it. A "Load and Go" button would be a nice addition to Mu. One day, maybe.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “CLUE Board”