Question help

For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
lee2233

Question help

Post by lee2233 »

I have the new adafruite dlsound board 11pin with headphones jack version.

I want to connect a rf transmitter and receiver 12ch
Check attachment picture will that work when I hook up the pin outs to the rf module or will it blow it
Attachments
Screenshot_20210914-092509_AliExpress.jpg
Screenshot_20210914-092509_AliExpress.jpg (810.65 KiB) Viewed 1751 times

dastels

Re: Question help

Post by dastels »

The NO connections of the relays can be used as a direct replacement for switches that you'd use on the sound board's triggers. Simply wire the NO connection between a trigger pin and ground. Get the power to the sound board right and you should be good to go.

Dave

lee2233

Post by lee2233 »

so this board is good enough right.

so each no from the relay board to each adafruit pin outs.

adafrute pin outs = 11

relay board has = 12
i will use 11 on this relay board.
should be ok right

dastels

Post by dastels »

So connected all the relay COM connections to ground and the NO ones to the sound trigger pins. Then when you activate a relay, the NO pin will connect tp ground, triggering the connected sound trigger.

Dave

lee2233

Post by lee2233 »

thank you am just waiting for the relay to be posted by mail until than i have one more question.
i have arduino. is there a way i can use arduino to setup 4 button combination password so without the 4 button password it will not send out signal to the soundboard.

am putting something in place to sell this and i need to setup a password on boot so people can add there own password by button combination.
this is needed so un-authorised people cant press and make it work unless certain key is pressed.

how do i setup arduino + sound board + relay

dastels

Post by dastels »

From what I see, the relay board looks completely self contained. The only interaction between it and an Arduino that comes to mind is to use relays in a similar way as discussed for audio board triggers: connected to a digital pin as an input. The Arduino could disable the audio board in some fashion.. maybe by controlling the trigger/uart mode pin to disable the trigger inputs. Start with the audio board disabled by putting it in UART mode. Read the relay inputs until the expected sequence is seen, then enable the audio board and ignore the inputs (which will now be used to trigger the audio board).

It could work. The actual Arduino board you have determine how many digital pins there are and so, how many relays can be used for code input (noting you'll need one digital pin as an output to control the audio board).

Dave

lee2233

Post by lee2233 »

New problem sound too low.
I did the basic connection

connected adafruit power source light comes on. connected the audio 3.5mm to the amp red and white port.
powered the amp direct with the battery. played the audio and the audio volume is too low you need to get ears next to the car horns.

the uploaded audio in adafruite is .wav format and playable.

i changed the wires using 3 different wires still problem with low volume.
i connected the 3.5mm from Samsung s20 ultra direct to the amp still low volume to car horns.

look at the specs.
small 2 car horns 1.9 ohms each
big fat car horn is 2.2ohms

car amp se picture.

i connected the car horns directly to the amp + and -
i purchased those mini amps from amazon and ebay 2 amps both low volume issue. what am i doing wrong ? wrong car horns ?
on youtube you can se the guy is also using car horns why is it not working for me.

lee2233

Post by lee2233 »

am i using wrong horns seems like they are 12v horns and amp cannot give out that power.
maybe do i need pa speaker ?

dastels

Post by dastels »

It might be a power issue, but also the 3.5mm jack is meant for headphone/earbud use. The output is very low level. Also, those speakers are very low impedance and the amplifier you show is for 4 ohm speakers.

Dave

lee2233

Post by lee2233 »

as you can se this is the wire am using and on youtube they are also using the same one.
now that amp isnt that enough to power those horns in picture ? am not sure why it cant the guy in youtube is able to.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrO6ma-NLJQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smhMLsP5fsM&t=105s

you say the amp is 4ohms is it to low-powered? for the horns ?
how do i fix it please tell me.
or do i need a pa speaker the ones he is using

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “CLUE Board”