FUNHOUSE BETA 10

adafruit.io wippersnapper BETA support, discussions, and more!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
ksprayberry

FUNHOUSE BETA 10

Post by ksprayberry »

Just saw Beta 10 go up. I just downloaded it and flashed it. Same behavior. Connects, then disconnects. Never shows to be online. I tried using my iphone as a hot spot with it and I tried with our home wifi just trying to rule out maybe it being blocked or something on the home network

brubell
Learn User Page

Re: FUNHOUSE BETA 10

Post by brubell »

Could you:
1) Visit https://www.serialterminal.com
2) Click Connect when the FunHouses' LEDs start blinking, select the FunHouse-S2
3) Copy the serial output from this page, into here.

Thanks, beta.10 exposes verbose debugging and this way ensures you don't need to install Arduino IDE.

ksprayberry

Post by ksprayberry »

brubell wrote:Could you:
2) Click Connect when the FunHouses' LEDs start blinking, select the FunHouse-S2

Thanks, beta.10 exposes verbose debugging and this way ensures you don't need to install Arduino IDE.
This is what I get. It just keeps scrolling saying the same thing.

Polling for registration message response...2
Polling for registration message respon

ksprayberry

Post by ksprayberry »

brubell wrote:Could you:

I downloaded the beta 11 off of Github and the output is basically the same as beta 10. Am I just doing something wrong? I see on here where others are getting information through the serial connection showing MQTT connections being made, etc. and I'm not seeing that. I'll go back and doublecheck my IO key and all, but i'm not seeing the added verbose mentioned. I just don't want to waste your time.

Thanks
Kelly

elaird

Post by elaird »

I came here to try to find my problem also. I have 11 on a Funhouse and it would get to Blue and reboot, so I tried a Magtag and it would connect then disconnect then reconnect then erase the secrets, I fixed the secrets and it would eventually connect. The funhouse finally connected but it could take up to 5 minutes of blue to reboot and blue to reboot to finally connect. The serial terminal said it was trying to connect to io.adafruit.com try 0 (or something) it would do this continuously until it rebooted.
I know it's beta but I am willing to experiment.

brubell
Learn User Page

Post by brubell »

elaird wrote:I came here to try to find my problem also. I have 11 on a Funhouse and it would get to Blue and reboot, so I tried a Magtag and it would connect then disconnect then reconnect then erase the secrets, I fixed the secrets and it would eventually connect. The funhouse finally connected but it could take up to 5 minutes of blue to reboot and blue to reboot to finally connect. The serial terminal said it was trying to connect to io.adafruit.com try 0 (or something) it would do this continuously until it rebooted.
I know it's beta but I am willing to experiment.
Please check your Adafruit IO credentials. We'll be releasing a new firmware which may address some WiFi bugs people have been having.

petitnoel

Post by petitnoel »

Same here.
1) Do a boot/reset of the Funhouse and restart of the PC (otherwise won't recognize the USB connection).
2) go to WipperSnapper NVM Tool Website and it finds the Funhouse
3) Enter wifi sid and password aio name and password
4) Click on install wippersnapper it loads
5) Last line is reset device to run firmware
6) Do reset and go petitnoel/wippersnapper and nothing shows up.

brubell
Learn User Page

Post by brubell »

petitnoel wrote:Same here.
1) Do a boot/reset of the Funhouse and restart of the PC (otherwise won't recognize the USB connection).
2) go to WipperSnapper NVM Tool Website and it finds the Funhouse
3) Enter wifi sid and password aio name and password
4) Click on install wippersnapper it loads
5) Last line is reset device to run firmware
6) Do reset and go petitnoel/wippersnapper and nothing shows up.
The NVMTool is only for the ESP32 Feather, the FunHouse runs on the ESP32-S2 platform and has completely different installation instructions.

Please follow the steps listed here: https://learn.adafruit.com/quickstart-a ... esp32-s2-2

If you're still having an issue - please open a new topic in this forum with reproducable steps and we'll take a look

petitnoel

Post by petitnoel »

Works the same with the Adafruit_Webserial_ESPTool.

When I download the TinyUF2 release zip file there is no TINYUF2COMBO.BIN file in the archive.

petitnoel

Post by petitnoel »

The file needed for the FunHouse to reload the boot loader is combined.bin not tinyuf2_combo.bin as listed in the learning guide.

petitnoel

Post by petitnoel »

These should be in the Funhouse Beta 12 topic. Sorry.

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.

Return to “Adafruit IO Wippersnapper Beta”