AHT20 and Wippersnapper

adafruit.io wippersnapper BETA support, discussions, and more!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
michimac

AHT20 and Wippersnapper

Post by michimac »

I'm following the guide for No-Code IoT Humidity and Temperature Sensor with Adafruit.io WipperSnapper guide and have (after reloading the bootloader on the Feather) gotten stuck trying to set up the AHT20. I am using the Adafruit ESP32-S2 Feather - 2 MB PSRAM and STEMMA QT / Qwiic, the feather-esp32-s2-factory-reset-and-bootloader.bin bootloader file, and the wippersnapper.feather_s2_tinyusb.1.0.0-beta.22.uf2. The Feather successfully appears on my account, but I cannot get the sensor to register. No other devices are attached to the Feather and I have a green light on the AHT20.

At issue seems to to be the I2C address of the sensor. Here is the address detected.
Capture2.PNG
Capture2.PNG (13.38 KiB) Viewed 176 times
Here is the error message.
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (103.35 KiB) Viewed 176 times
I do not see anything in the documentation about re-configuring the device I2C address, so I assume that is impossible.

Where do I go from here?

michimac

Re: AHT20 and Wippersnapper

Post by michimac »

Must have been a bad connection in the JST cable. After beating my head against a wall and reflashing and digging and rechecking everything for several hours, out of desperation I took the JST terminated cable off and checked the pins, flipped the cable end for end, and plugged everything back in. For absolutely no apparent reason, it worked. I must have finally said the right word.

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.

Return to “Adafruit IO Wippersnapper Beta”