Component SUGGESTIONS - Adafruit.io WipperSnapper

adafruit.io wippersnapper BETA support, discussions, and more!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
dglaude

Re: Component SUGGESTIONS - Adafruit.io WipperSnapper

Post by dglaude »

I think the most interesting extension would be I2C support and some Stemma sensor, like those providing temperature information.

brubell
Learn User Page

Post by brubell »

dglaude wrote:I think the most interesting extension would be I2C support and some Stemma sensor, like those providing temperature information.
This is a larger project, we'll be supporting I2C components first. SPI and UART later. We'll likely have something ready for testing by end of this month.

lesamouraipourpre

Post by lesamouraipourpre »

Was coming to suggest the same thing.

Is the long term aim to support all the sensors that are build onto the supported boards?

dglaude

Post by dglaude »

Not tested yet as I need to remove one board to add another one... but now the MagTag is supposed to be supported.
So I was hoping to get more button to play with, or the RGB.

My test of WipperSnapper were very limited, turn on an LED on one board based on the light sensor of another board.
But I don't know what else I could have tried... maybe I need to add sensor, but most of them did seems to be variation on some on/off thing.

Is there a support for the RGB / color addressible LED? And maybe a way to turn a value into a color or chroma or intensity?

I am not too much into the no-code / low-code thing and I don't know the full capabilities of Adafruit IO because to me it is mostly an MQTT + maybe some Node-Red like UI and the graphic some kind of Grafana. But if it need to be no-code, then you need some way to express what you want to do.
So I can test registering board with WS and basic thing, but I don't know what to try, what to ask, where to start.

I can see the bootstrap, does it register, does it connect, ... but I don't know what to do with it once I reach that point. :-(

brubell
Learn User Page

Post by brubell »

lesamouraipourpre wrote:Was coming to suggest the same thing.

Is the long term aim to support all the sensors that are build onto the supported boards?
Yep! We'll be starting with the sensors built into the supported boards (i.e: AHT20 on the FunHouse) and moving to the STEMMA (adafruit.com/stemma) sensors as they're no-soldering.

brubell
Learn User Page

Post by brubell »

dglaude wrote:Not tested yet as I need to remove one board to add another one... but now the MagTag is supposed to be supported.
So I was hoping to get more button to play with, or the RGB.

My test of WipperSnapper were very limited, turn on an LED on one board based on the light sensor of another board.
But I don't know what else I could have tried... maybe I need to add sensor, but most of them did seems to be variation on some on/off thing.

Is there a support for the RGB / color addressible LED? And maybe a way to turn a value into a color or chroma or intensity?
Nothing for RGB LEDs yet, we're prioritizing (and currently working on) adding I2C components first. NeoPixels and PWM-output will be next on the list.

[quotes] I am not too much into the no-code / low-code thing and I don't know the full capabilities of Adafruit IO because to me it is mostly an MQTT + maybe some Node-Red like UI and the graphic some kind of Grafana. But if it need to be no-code, then you need some way to express what you want to do.
So I can test registering board with WS and basic thing, but I don't know what to try, what to ask, where to start.

I can see the bootstrap, does it register, does it connect, ... but I don't know what to do with it once I reach that point. :-([/quotes]

Thank you for the feedback - we're taking this into consideration! The development team for this project works with Adafruit IO on a daily basis so it's very helpful to hear feedback from users who aren't avid IO users.

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.

Return to “Adafruit IO Wippersnapper Beta”