beta5 boot loops on metro m4 airlift

adafruit.io wippersnapper BETA support, discussions, and more!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
jerryn

beta5 boot loops on metro m4 airlift

Post by jerryn »

I just tried using beta.5 on a metro-M4-ailrlift.
It appears to just reboot continuously.

I reverted it to beta.0 and it is working normally. I don't have beta.1-4 to try...

SandPig

Re: beta5 boot loops on metro m4 airlift

Post by SandPig »

I just dropped beta.5 on my MetroM4 and am getting
10:12:41.822 -> No ESP32 module detected!Please upgrade the firmware on the ESP module to the latest version.

I was going to start digging into the upgrade process before I posted, but I might as well raise the flag now in the event that it's related.
I'm might try to find an older version first to see if I can recreate your experience

SandPig

Post by SandPig »

updated to NINA_W102-1.7.4.bin, wiped storage, reloaded beta.5 and same issue.
boot loop every 18 seconds with an "upgrade" serial output

brubell
Learn User Page

Post by brubell »

We've had a few reports of beta.5 having issues. I'm looking into this today and have reverted the downloads page to link to the beta.3 firmware for now.

Thank you for your report, it helps us collect data and fix issues.

SandPig

Post by SandPig »

I missed the rollback to beta.3, but beta.6 seems to be working great (after a couple of resets) with an onboard LED test
woohoo!

jerryn

Post by jerryn »

Beta.6 is working for me.
Thank you!

SandPig

Post by SandPig »

SandPig wrote:I missed the rollback to beta.3, but beta.6 seems to be working great (after a couple of resets) with an onboard LED test
woohoo!
either something changed on the backend in the past couple of days that's causing an issue with beta.6 or I was too hasty with my testing (load uf2 + blink LED once = success... super rigorous) , but beta.6 would connect and then drop offline. I updated to beta.7 and have a similar experience. Serial shows a PING after every blue LED pulse, then it's connected for a split second, then offline/blue led again.
I'll start a new beta.7/MetroAirlift thread on this.
I apologize for providing an incorrect status on one of these board/code combinations. Bad info is worse that no info, imo

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.

Return to “Adafruit IO Wippersnapper Beta”