WipperSnapper on MagTag

adafruit.io wippersnapper BETA support, discussions, and more!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
scottlnrd

WipperSnapper on MagTag

Post by scottlnrd »

So I've got Wippersnapper running on my MagTag. Am I misunderstanding the purpose of Wippersnapper? I thought I'd be able to do drag and drop programming of the functions already on the device, like the leds, buttons, and screen. However, it seems as though I can only use it to trigger or get data from externally connected components. Other than blinking the onboard power led, there are no other tutorials or examples of how to use this particular board with Wippersnapper. Any suggestions as to how I can take advantage of this kind of programming would be much appreciated. Otherwise I'll just go back to using CircuitPython. Thanks...

brubell
Learn User Page

Re: WipperSnapper on MagTag

Post by brubell »

Hi - WipperSnapper is not a drag and drop programming interface like MakeCode or Scratch, it's meant to provide a no-code solution for interacting with an IoT device.

We have a few different guides under the WipperSnapper category on Learn, https://learn.adafruit.com/search?q=wippersnapper

Additionally, we're going to start rolling out I2C sensors as WipperSnapper components this upcoming week or so.

scottlnrd

Post by scottlnrd »

Thanks for the response. I was kinda thinking that's what it was for. Which is why I think that's convenient, MagTag really isn't the best device for that purpose. I think I'll buy one of the other options to use Wippersnapper on instead, and repurpose the Magtag for it's e-ink functions.

brubell
Learn User Page

Post by brubell »

Good idea, we'll have eInk support for WipperSnapper but it's not on the major feature list right now.

scottlnrd

Post by scottlnrd »

That would be excellent. I was hoping to be able to trigger IoT things, maybe via the buttons on the device, and then be able display a response on the e-ink display. Things like that.

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.

Return to “Adafruit IO Wippersnapper Beta”