KEY TRIGGERS STACK AND NOT WORKING :(

x0x0x0x0x0x

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
mariourien

KEY TRIGGERS STACK AND NOT WORKING :(

Post by mariourien »

HI. First of all i have to say thanks to the X0xb0x family for their great product, the step by step manual they did and for all this nice community that was very helpful for me.
I got recently a problem with some triggers, i got it already before but just in in D# trigger.
Now C' seems to have the same problem. When u press the key in edit mode it get stack and there is no way to unstack it til you switch off the power supply .
Also when u train to chain patterns and you press those pattern triggers , is impossibe for the machine to chain the patterns and it just get stack on D# or C' trigger playing those patterns .

i bought the machine with one of the trigges not perfectly working , but the second one ocurred after doing the mod for Env Mod Amount & Resonance Boost ( following the guide on www.ladyada.net project) So i think is time to change thos triggers for a new ones? The rest of the mods worked and sound nice, so i think is not a problem after the mod, is more about the condition of those triggers. Please some help would be very welcome and appreciate it.
Cheers to all

antto

Re: KEY TRIGGERS STACK AND NOT WORKING :(

Post by antto »

i assume you mean the buttons

do the buttons get stuck mechanically (like, you press a button, it clicks, and when you release it - it doesn't click back) ?
or is it more about the sequencer acting as if you're still holding the button pressed even after you've released it (and it has clicked back up)

if it's the first case - you might want to check if the actual plastic button cap is not getting stuck in the hole of the panel, or the actual tact switches might be getting worn out

if it's the second case - i suspect you might have desoldered the pull-down resistors of those buttons, and thus the signal is floating low at first, then when you press it - the button gives 5V, and when you release it - it goes floating again, but there's no resistor to pull it down, so it stays high
in this case, check the resistors for bad solder joints

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General x0xing”