#276 working!

x0x0x0x0x0x

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
louvega

#276 working!

Post by louvega »

Hi, I just finished #276. Its working flawless, well, except for one led (doh!). It was my second electronic project, the first being a midibox sid, and besides being a bit tedious at times, it was quite easy.

I got it last thursday and finished assembly around sunday. At first I had no resonance and the decay only worked when forcing the knob, so I resoldered both knobs and that did the trick!

I have to say the hardest part for me was soldering the sequencer. Some leds were too hard to solder properly, and then fitting the front panel properly was a nightmare. Also, besides the power part and the usb, I didnt test anything, so I was quite unsure about the results. I tuned it by ear using another synth, I think its good.

Dont know what I'll build next. I'm really happy right now! :D

stevenclements

groovy baby

Post by stevenclements »

Right on happy to hear it went well... I'm still waiting on delivery

cheesy

Post by cheesy »

For the LEDs (or most parts actually) if it's not flush the first time you solder it, reheat the joint and pull the lead taught with some needle nose pliers. That does the trick for me.

Also, getting the LEDs to fit in the panel was tough for me too. I tried to bend the ones slightly out of place, and the rest I used the above method to straighten it.

Once you adjust an LED try the panel again, readjust that LED or if it fits move on to the next one that's out of place. Repeat.

louvega

Post by louvega »

Thanks Steven. My x0xb0x took about 3 weeks to deliver. Well worth the wait!

Cheesy, I also worked same way you did, but only at the very end. I usually discover the good tricks when I'm almost finished :D

I have to admit I'm not really eager of changing the faulty led. Its the PREV one, so its not like it bothers me, and I would have to disassemble the whole x0xb0x to repair it. I'm very lazy!

Also, I'm using a 9VAC 300mA wallwart with no problems.

cheesy

Post by cheesy »

If the LED itself isn't dead and it's just a bad solder joint it would be pretty easy to disassemble and fix. You can leave the board attached to the top panel and just take the 4 screws out the bottom of the case to get access to side of the board with the LED connections. Then just re-solder the bad LED and it should work.

I built mine a week ago and haven't even put those 4 screws in the bottom yet. As long as it's just sitting on your desk it shouldn't fall apart. I will eventually once I'm sure everything works right and don't want to do any more mods.

If the LED is busted then yeah it's a lot more work to take it apart.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General x0xing”