x0x Slide Volume Mod?

x0x0x0x0x0x

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
trialsin808

x0x Slide Volume Mod?

Post by trialsin808 »

Hi guys Im not sure what this would be called if it even exists but is there some kind of mod to adjust envelope of the slide notes at all? It'd be nice for when the notes overlap to adjust how loud the sliding notes decay or sustain etc. Or even just keep it at full volume maybe?
Also is there a decay mod able to lengthen the "wow" sound into more of a "woooow" if required? Sigh I wish I knew the correct terms :(

antto

Re: x0x Slide Volume Mod?

Post by antto »

trialsin808 wrote:Hi guys Im not sure what this would be called if it even exists but is there some kind of mod to adjust envelope of the slide notes at all? It'd be nice for when the notes overlap to adjust how loud the sliding notes decay or sustain etc. Or even just keep it at full volume maybe?
not sure i fully understand, i think you mean the volume envelope?
if so, the volume envelope is just one segment (decay) with fixed and non-adjustable time
there are mods for the volume envelope and VCA for sure, like "vca-on-forever" or so, and i think i've seen a complete ADSR mentioned
Also is there a decay mod able to lengthen the "wow" sound into more of a "woooow" if required? Sigh I wish I knew the correct terms :(
that has to do with the main envelope (used for the filter)
on accented notes, the decay time is changed to a fixed value (equal to the decay time you get when you set the decay knob to zero), and then this "short" envelope goes thru the accent knob, a diode, and accumulates into C13 (which makes the "wow")
if you increase the minimum decay time of the envelope, then you'll get a longer signal feeding into C13, but the resulting shape will not be proportionally scaled in time, because you'd also need to change the value of C13 itself accordingly
on the other hand, if you only change the value of C13 without changing the decay time - you'll get a slower accumulation, but it's amplitude will be lower
you really need to apply both of these if you want the "wow" to scale properly in time

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General x0xing”