can't select bank 9 - 16

x0x0x0x0x0x

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

can't select bank 9 - 16

Post by 2 »

Hi everybody, noob here. I haven't used my x0x for some time. fired her up today, and I can't select bank 9 - 16. Not in pattern mode, not in track mode, not in keyboard, not in MIDI play mode. If I'm in bank 8 and select bank 9 it jumps back to 1 etc.
If I recall correctly this used to work the last time I've used it.

Any ideas, suggenstions what to check? Is there a way to do a hardware/system/software reset?
Last edited by 2 on Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

antto

Re: can't select bank 9 - 16 & how to verify which firmware

Post by antto »

to make sure that the issue really is about the rotary switch: go to MIDIPLAY mode, there the BANK selector is used to change the MIDI channel (1 to 16) and is also displayed on the bank LEDs as you change it
confirm that the LEDs go from 1 to 8, and then again from 1 to 8 instead of 9 to 16

if that's so - check diodes D7 to D10, and the actual rotary selector
check for anything suspicious like bad solder joints..

Re: can't select bank 9 - 16 & how to verify which firmware

Post by 2 »

Thanks for the reply. In MIDI Play mode it also only receives MIDI on ch 1 - 8. If I set the bank selector to 1 -> LED 1 is lit, if I set it to 2 -> LED 2 is lit etc etc, same until bank 8. If I set it to bank 9 it jumps back to LED 1.

If I trigger the x0x with my DAW on MIDI Channel 9 the x0x doesn't receive MIDI data, even though the bank selector is on 9. If I set the DAW to MIDI channel 1 the x0x receives data, bank selector still on 9.
The same If I record and save a Pattern. If save it to bank 1, Position 1, when I turn the bank knob to 9, the LED jumps back to 1 and the same BANK 1, Pos 1 pattern is being played, ie. I'm back in Position 1. If I turn the bank knob to 10, the LED jumps to 2 and plays the patterns of bank 2 etc. etc.

So it's not only an LED issue - it's that Bank 9 - 16 don't work/receive anything at all. No MIDI channel 9-16, no Pattern save in Bank 9-16.

The 16 LED's work normal in all 16 positions/patterns in BANK 1 - 8. So I don't think it's a bad solder issue of the LED's but something else.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General x0xing”