Replacement of VR4 Resonance pot with detent ALPS - pictures

x0x0x0x0x0x

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
wmoindrot

Replacement of VR4 Resonance pot with detent ALPS - pictures

Post by wmoindrot »

Hi, I'd followed a few different threads online about replacing a scracthy resonance pot - mine went scratchy at the same time as I had a new roof so it's very possible that dust fell and got into the x0xb0x, but I shifted over to an ALPS (RK12L123000E 50kOhm dual linear (1B) potentiometer 30mm) from ebay.

I had to cut the shaft down by just over about 5mm. I didn't have to worry about extending downwards the D section or anything. I carefully used some cutters rather than sawing it just in case dust was re-added to my now previous new pot.

About the centre/center detent, looking online people referred to taking this out. I've never opened up a pot before, but I knew the old one was scratchy possibly due to dust so didn't want to mess it up. So priot to fitting, flipping it over using a very small flat screwsdriver to fold up the four metal tabs at the bottom. The whole top of the pot comes off: metal cover, shaft and wiper as one, leaving the bottom tracks and connector. Very carefully putting bottom to one side. Lifting up the metal cover from the shaft (being very careful about the wiper) you'll see a little gold ring that goes top-most of the shaft and fitting directly under the metal cover surrounded by grease, take this off and then reassemble.
Attachments
PXL_20201210_223405422.jpg
PXL_20201210_223405422.jpg (99.94 KiB) Viewed 2245 times

rv0

Re: Replacement of VR4 Resonance pot with detent ALPS - pict

Post by rv0 »

Good tutorial, that's more or less how I used to do it.

I switched to Alpha pots again because modding pots is fiddly and I've also had some issues with some of the ALPS in the end.

DonnaNoble

Re: Replacement of VR4 Resonance pot with detent ALPS - pict

Post by DonnaNoble »

Since many countries are experiencing economic disaster, you need to be fully armed. So most businessmen used to be amazed at the first BANNED, so now the question is whether the novelty will appeal to fans of innovations and whether it is worth waiting for a rise in price. You can find out all the details in the article about prediction for BANNED price

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General x0xing”