Accents cant be entered into the patt edit mode

x0x0x0x0x0x

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
delugedj

Accents cant be entered into the patt edit mode

Post by delugedj »

Hello! :)

I’m really unable to figure this out it seems. Perhaps someone could help me please?
For some reason I am unable to enter accents in PATTERN EDIT mode As shown in the video https://photos.app.goo.gl/ueL9vRDxouQ5Q39F7
REST and SLIDE are just fine but ACCENT refuses to work for some reason.

I have flashed with sokkOS 1.9.1
I have flashed with 1.0.5 from x0x website

Even after successfully flashing with 1.9.1 conbox still shows me 1.0.5 as the FW when I hit connect

I’m out of ideas. Any help is gratefully appreciated
278917069_10161893460694778_2638008499161785871_n.jpg
278917069_10161893460694778_2638008499161785871_n.jpg (75.21 KiB) Viewed 6233 times

mmm

Re: Accents cant be entered into the patt edit mode

Post by mmm »

delugedj wrote: Even after successfully flashing with 1.9.1 conbox still shows me 1.0.5 as the FW when I hit connect
That's normal.
My first question would be whether the Accent button is working at all. Cann you accent notes "on the fly" in Pattern Play Mode?

delugedj

Post by delugedj »

Thanks for getting back to me, I Had given up on this thread. Appreciate the input !

I cannot get the accent button to light up no matter what mode I’m in. Rest and slide work fine though.

mmm

Post by mmm »

delugedj wrote:Thanks for getting back to me, I Had given up on this thread. Appreciate the input !

I cannot get the accent button to light up no matter what mode I’m in. Rest and slide work fine though.
But that doesn't answer my question...
That's why I asked about the behavior in Pattern Play Mode. Your video only showed that the LED doesn't light up; this still leaves open the possibility that Accent works and just the LED is dead.
Existing patterns can be temporarily modified in Pattern Play mode by pressing Rest, Slide or Accent.

mmm

Post by mmm »

Just a quick refresher.

I can help to fix (or fix myself) probably any malfunctioning x0xb0x; but we first need to find out what exactly is wrong with it.

delugedj

Post by delugedj »

hey man, thanks again for your help with this. I seem to somehow have had a retard moment. In PATT EDIT now its very clear the accent button is working fine, just no LED. Is it hard to replace the LED?

mmm

Post by mmm »

That's good news (and important information) because now we've narrowed everything down significantly.

Still I wouldn't jump to conclusions. The LED isn't lighting up - that much is clear. There are several possible reasons for this:

- LED is dead
- LED is soldered in backwards
- connection between LED and processor is broken (or cold solder joint)
- connection between LED and ground is broken (or cold solder joint)
- that particular processor pin is broken
- (other)

I personally don't find the LED hard to replace but I have lots of experience in doing this.
How about starting with a visual inspection? Is the LED mounted correctly (one side is flat)? Do the solder joints look ok?

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General x0xing”