There is no USPS pickup on Monday Feb 15th, 2016 because of President's Day. USPS orders placed after 11am EST Fri February 12th will go out Tuesday February 16. UPS orders will ship as normal.

x0x sawtooth
Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, mome rath

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

x0x sawtooth

by isak on Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:25 am

Hi guys :)

I want to make the x0x sawtooth alon, without the square, and to be able to control it by cv with 1ocv/v.
any of you can help with the exact schematics?
I have the x0x vco scheme but I don't really know what to remove to get only the saw wave.

Thanks in advance,
Isak E.

isak

Re: x0x sawtooth

by antto on Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:08 am

well, i don't know what you expect, the square wave is just a few elements that act as a waveshaper on the sawtooth

i think you basically remove
R35, R34, R45, R36 - C10, C11 - Q8
the complex part is the sawtooth itself, the square wave doesn't make it any more complex
IMO it's not worth it (but i have no idea what you wanna do with it)

btw, i'm no expert, try it on breadboard or wait for someone with more knowlage to confirm what i said
We are here too: irc.freenode.net >>> #x0xb0x
..:: c0nb0x v1.00 ::.. http://forums.adafruit.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=29282 (new control app - win/osx)
VCO Tuning: http://forums.adafruit.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=24759 (do it the EASY way)
antto

Re: x0x sawtooth

by isak on Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:20 am

Hi antto thank you for your reply.

What I want to do is a module of the x0x vco cause I love the sound of it very much.
The problem is the square sound and the rare part 2SC1583.
As we know the square is not a exactly a square wave, I got a nice scheme of a wave shaper that can give me a square from the sawtooth.
So I wander if I can get a sawtooth without using the 2sc1583 and to able to control it as 1v/ocv.
Way back Guest helped me to make a scheme of the x0x vco with the desired symmetric square wave but with 2sc1583.
If you want I can upload it for you, it's pretty cool :)
I thought it will simple enough to do (I mean the sawtooth)

Cheers,
Isak E.

isak

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.