Español????

x0x0x0x0x0x

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
pelito

Español????

Post by pelito »

I really need help with the firmware update. Any one Who can help me in spanish please?
Thanks

antto

Re: Español????

Post by antto »

i don't know spanish, but if you're having trouble with the c0ntr0l app, maybe try the alternative - BANNED, it's supposed to be much more stable

here's a small video showing how to update the firmware:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LuWMUQQ750

Link: http://forums.adafruit.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=29282

pelito

Post by pelito »

Do you know any video for Mac users?

Thanks

antto

Post by antto »

no, as i don't have Mac myself
but it should be the same procedure, download and install the Mac version of the FTDI drivers, make sure that when you plug the x0x - it is recognized as a "USB-Serial" device, then run the app

pelito

Post by pelito »

pelito

Post by pelito »

Antto

I followed the C0B0X instructions and everything seems ok (when I turn off my x0b0x no led was flashing) and when I tried to upload Firmware I selected the BANNED.cfg file, after the knock knock appear:
Error: couldn't get Device ID string.
Failed.

Do you know what I did wrong?

Thanks in advanced

antto

Post by antto »

the BANNED.cfg file is not a "firmware"
the firmware is usually named "x0xb0x.hex"

i've showed it in the video but anyway..
1) turn OFF the x0xb0x
2) switch the FUNC knob to "BOOTLOAD"
3) turn ON the x0xb0x
4) run BANNED, make sure the correct serial port is selected (or change it from the settings)
5) hit "Upload Firmware" - BANNED will try to connect to the x0xb0x, if succesiful it will ask you to select your firmware *.hex file
6) the file will be quickly scanned, then BANNED will try to talk with the x0xb0x to see if it really is in BOOTLOAD mode and that the conditions are all right
7) if everything was right - it will ask you to hit any key to start uploading (or hit escape to abort)

*edited*
Now, if it can't get deviceID string then the problem could be any of the following:
- the x0x doesn't have a bootloader
- the x0x is not really in BOOTLOAD mode
- the BANNED settings are wrong (Port / Baudrate)

to test if the settings are right - run the x0xb0x normally (in Pattern Play or Pattern Edit for example) and try "Connect to x0xb0x" in BANNED, it should connect successifully and be able to detect the tempo and so on

to test if you're really in BOOTLOAD mode - switch to any other mode like Pattern Play or Pattern Edit - if the x0x changes it's LEDs, begins to blink, responds to RUN/STOP or in other words - if it operates - then the firmware is running, and thus it is not in BOOTLOAD mode
in that case, if you strictly followed the procedure and it still doesn't go into BOOTLOAD mode - maybe there is no bootloader on the x0x

where did you get your x0xb0x from? some x0xes don't have a bootloader (which is very sad)
i hope this helps

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General x0xing”