x0xb0x Patternator app

x0x0x0x0x0x

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
SineSurfer

x0xb0x Patternator app

Post by SineSurfer »

Hi there, I made an app to create random patterns for the x0xb0x as I can't run cont0l (Mac user here :D ) , here is the screenshot:Image

try it here

Let me know what you think

BONSAI_PINE

x0xb0x Patternator app

Post by BONSAI_PINE »

Hola Senior, 'nother mac user here and just tried to download yer program to check it out but the link is broken or you took it down or somithin...is it still available to play with?

SineSurfer

Post by SineSurfer »

Duh... my mistake, links where wrong, now all ok.

Btw, you can play with the little app online too.

For the record, I found a way to convert xml files to midi via php script, so as soon as I can dedicate some more time to this i'll be adding the "save pattern to MIDI" option. oh yes, also "save as txt" in c0ntr0l app notation.

And this one is a really looong shot, but i'll try to talk with some guy that made a TB emulator in flash w/sound, really crazy to include pattern audition directly in the app.

later!

BONSAI_PINE

Post by BONSAI_PINE »

Ah ha! Well, right now my midi doesn't seem to be working so hopefully by the time you get around to getting the midi export function working I'll have my midi input working. I just finished it last weekend and haven't had more time to get back in and see if I can figure out what I did wrong. In Midi Play mode are you supposed to be able to essentially hook up a midi keyboard and play it as such? That's what I couldn't get working, but thankfully the rest of the lil' beast is working like a charm:)

SineSurfer

Post by SineSurfer »

Hi again BONSAI_PINE, about your question:
"In Midi Play mode are you supposed to be able to essentially hook up a midi keyboard and play it as such? "
yes, or you can trigger the x0x from your sequencer too.

trazmick

Post by trazmick »

Can this app control the tempo? If not, is there any way to control the tempo via usb with a Mac? I have an MPC2000xl but so far have been unsuccesful using the x0x with it. We used the the PC app with my x0x and it worked well.

Also, #555 is done....heres a pic. Built for me by http://www.dotmatrixdesign.net There are a couple short x0x vids on his blog too.

i just realized he put up a ton of pics of him building the x0x. Check em out here: http://dotmatrixdesign.net/x0xb0x/

http://www.thesuitesound.com

SineSurfer

Post by SineSurfer »

trazmick wrote:Can this app control the tempo?
Not really, and that option is way out of the real scope of this app, a better random pattern generator than default x0xb0x one.

Or as an alternative sketch pad for patterns, instead of writing down each step values(note, pitch, slide, rest, accent) on a pice of paper that will get lost you hopefully will use this little app to save your ideas.
trazmick wrote:If not, is there any way to control the tempo via usb with a Mac?
The idea of creating this app was born because of the lack of a Mac app to do what you and every x0xer-Mac user want to acomplish without going to the Pc side.

btw. on an unespected twist of destiny I got a Pc fror free from my workplace, so now I can use c0nt0l app to play with my x0x, this means my app will improve slower than it is now :roll:

juke179r

Re: x0xb0x Patternator app

Post by juke179r »

I know this is an old post, but does anyone have this x0xb0x Patternator program that they can upload?
The website to download it from is down.

Thanks in advance!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General x0xing”