"when am i going to get a x0x?"

x0x0x0x0x0x

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
/mr

Re: "when am i going to get a x0x?"

Post by /mr »

ladyada wrote:hey everyone. the x0xb0x project is nearing its end...its become very very difficult to source parts. nearly impossible in fact.
Hi Limor,
which parts are the hardest ones to source?
Might be good to know for future DIYx0xing.

We understand you, and we're truly grateful for starting and maintaining this project as long as you've done. Wonderful! :)

phono

Re: "when am i going to get a x0x?"

Post by phono »

/mr wrote:
ladyada wrote:hey everyone. the x0xb0x project is nearing its end...its become very very difficult to source parts. nearly impossible in fact.
Hi Limor,
which parts are the hardest ones to source?
Might be good to know for future DIYx0xing.

We understand you, and we're truly grateful for starting and maintaining this project as long as you've done. Wonderful! :)
http://www.ladyada.net/wiki/x0x/rareparts

SineSurfer

Post by SineSurfer »

mome rath wrote:you don't think they'll get moooore money now?
that's for sure, but now everyone will think it twice before selling theirs just to collect the extra money, as a replacement will be more difficult to get... which is kind of good as all that ebaying spoils the DIY fun of building the box, and at too steep price imho.

do you want to sell any of your x0xs at ladyada's price mome?, let me know :lol:

Limor: thanks a lot for this great project, it was my fist big diy build, and gave me the confidence to go for more and more diy stuff, i'm officially addicted :wink:

hamburgers

Post by hamburgers »

SineSurfer wrote: do you want to sell any of your x0xs at ladyada's price mome?, let me know :lol:
i only have 1!

SineSurfer

Post by SineSurfer »

mome rath wrote:i only have 1!
then you signature is some sort of "Lost" numbers I guess heehe :wink:

hamburgers

Post by hamburgers »

SineSurfer wrote:
mome rath wrote:i only have 1!
then you signature is some sort of "Lost" numbers I guess heehe :wink:
traded/sold/built for others :)

i have 357 right now

networkacid

Post by networkacid »

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

6 months on the waiting list. This is devastating. I understand, though. Many a time I was tempted to write a sooky email asking how much longer it would be.

Thanks for making it happen at all and for making it open source :D

vout

Post by vout »

Thats too bad, but I understand why. I am on the list for 6 months also. I bought a set of pcbs and built my own anyway, but it would be nice to have one with a genuine tag! (not to mention not having the hassle of sourcing parts)

Limor, if I may ask - Will x0xb0x PCBs, microcontrollers etc still be available for the DIYer from Ladyada, or is this the end totally of your involvement with the x0xb0x?

Cheers, vout

vout

Post by vout »

Never mind - I reread the first post and just saw you answered my question. That is good news.

Cheers, vout

necro2607

Post by necro2607 »

networkacid wrote:WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

6 months on the waiting list. This is devastating. I understand, though. Many a time I was tempted to write a sooky email asking how much longer it would be.

6 months? I've been on the waiting list since May 31, 2007. :( Missed the last batch by just 2 weeks (holy BANNED), now I might not get one at all, damn... owned :(

Jojo

Post by Jojo »

necro2607 wrote:
networkacid wrote:WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

6 months? I've been on the waiting list since May 31, 2007. :( Missed the last batch by just 2 weeks (holy BANNED), now I might not get one at all, damn... owned :(
even worst for me lol, missed by only one week... This is life I guess. Will try to find parts by myself then, it shoudn't be impossible, hopefully.
Thanks anyway for this very nice project.

kartoshka

Post by kartoshka »

Anyways, thanks for open-sourcing such a nice project, i know there will be more x0xes coming :twisted:

:oops: I only left with hope that these 100 mentioned possible x0xes will include at least september kits too.

phono

Post by phono »

bascially dont hold your breath, just self soruce, its taken me about 3 weeks to get all the parts home for my second build

vlady

Post by vlady »

phono wrote:bascially dont hold your breath, just self soruce, its taken me about 3 weeks to get all the parts home for my second build
Almost. :D
But phono is right. I found all the rare parts for my second in less than 20 min. (but I was very lucky as one place had all but 2 of the rare parts) and the non rare parts are a matter of ordering from mouse and digikey.

g.p.macklin

Post by g.p.macklin »

The Adafruit store just put 25 more PCBs up so if you are looking to build one, there is still a chance.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General x0xing”