"when am i going to get a x0x?"

x0x0x0x0x0x

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
phono

Post by phono »

vlady wrote:
phono wrote:bascially dont hold your breath, just self soruce, its taken me about 3 weeks to get all the parts home for my second build
Almost. :D
quite :lol:

Lilian

Waiting list,

Post by Lilian »

Hi,
Do oyu know how many x0xb0x you will be able to provide?Who will be in top list?

phono

Re: Waiting list,

Post by phono »

Lilian wrote:Hi,
Do oyu know how many x0xb0x you will be able to provide?Who will be in top list?
about a hundred (according to this thread) as for who, i wouldnt expect an answer tbh, if you really want a x0x now just self source, its about the same price as a kit

g.p.macklin

Post by g.p.macklin »

phono wrote:
Lilian wrote:Hi,
if you really want a x0x now just self source, its about the same price as a kit
The rare parts are fairly easy to find as well. Just takes a little work.

vlady

Post by vlady »

g.p.macklin wrote:The rare parts are fairly easy to find as well. Just takes a little work.
Very true.

subatomic

Post by subatomic »

hey ladyada, thanks for all the fun. I have an idea for you...

maybe it's too big a kit, but wouldn't it be less stressful to ship synths without the rare parts? with the alternate parts listed here

http://www.ladyada.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4610

you could have easy to source monosynths that still have a bit of 303 flavor. maybe rename the project to something else... b0xb0x, or something similarly inane to underscore that the thing has no rare parts. maybe invert the panel color too... just an idea. I'm betting it'd still be a great DIY project, and even still be a cool synth, even without the authentic parts...

anyway regardless, you rock, thanks for the great project. ;)

phono

Post by phono »

subatomic wrote:hey ladyada, thanks for all the fun. I have an idea for you...

maybe it's too big a kit, but wouldn't it be less stressful to ship synths without the rare parts? with the alternate parts listed here

http://www.ladyada.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4610

you could have easy to source monosynths that still have a bit of 303 flavor. maybe rename the project to something else... b0xb0x, or something similarly inane to underscore that the thing has no rare parts. maybe invert the panel color too... just an idea. I'm betting it'd still be a great DIY project, and even still be a cool synth, even without the authentic parts...

anyway regardless, you rock, thanks for the great project. ;)
only problem with that list is there still not a replacement for the 6110

subatomic

Post by subatomic »

phono wrote:only problem with that list is there still not a replacement for the 6110
from the thread...
lm13700 for the ba6110
is this not good? or is it a problem because it's not a pin for pin match?

phono

Post by phono »

subatomic wrote:
phono wrote:only problem with that list is there still not a replacement for the 6110
from the thread...
lm13700 for the ba6110
is this not good? or is it a problem because it's not a pin for pin match?
tbh ive no idea, but when i looked at the datasheets indeed the pinouts were different, i may have been looking at the wrong thing tho ;)

GoldDope

Post by GoldDope »

well personaly i decided to self source once this post was made,
and in a way (for me) it might be a good thing,ive allways been the arty farty type and i decided i wanted to make a real Arty x0xb0x from day one - so now i can ,
ive allready got the rare parts and TBH im finding it harder to get the regular parts,. mouser are out of stock of many of the needed parts,
i created an account with digikey but i cant log in to my account with tem till they have authorised my account ?
so - the "easy to find" parts are proving hardest for me.

* Im still hoping that i might get an offer for the full kit from Ladyada,if i do ill buy it - ;)

phono

Post by phono »

GoldDope wrote:well personaly i decided to self source once this post was made,
and in a way (for me) it might be a good thing,ive allways been the arty farty type and i decided i wanted to make a real Arty x0xb0x from day one - so now i can ,
ive allready got the rare parts and TBH im finding it harder to get the regular parts,. mouser are out of stock of many of the needed parts,
i created an account with digikey but i cant log in to my account with tem till they have authorised my account ?

* Im still hoping that i might get an offer for the full kit from Ladyada,if i do ill buy it - ;)
i think i almost got the last neutrik jacks, there were 7 in stock when i ordered my 3 :-P also the ceramic caps were out (the ones on bcboxs bom) but when i used the mouser chat they found me the substitute, the only other thing out was the tempo encoder (i think that migth have been digikey) so i used the non detent one and it works fine

GoldDope

Post by GoldDope »

im getting lots of items as "obsolete" Phono,
plus im getting this with 1 item :
More Than 1 Match Found for MC78M05CT
Select from a list of matching products
havent got a clue which one out of there list to order now :( any ideas mate ?

phono wrote:
GoldDope wrote:well personaly i decided to self source once this post was made,

i think i almost got the last neutrik jacks, there were 7 in stock when i ordered my 3 :-P also the ceramic caps were out (the ones on bcboxs bom) but when i used the mouser chat they found me the substitute, the only other thing out was the tempo encoder (i think that migth have been digikey) so i used the non detent one and it works fine

phono

Post by phono »

use bcbox's bom spreadsheet, import the mouser fields into the mouser bom tool, then check if something is obsolete by reviewing your order and use the mouser chatroom and tell them you want a 100% exact substitute, they will sort it for you.

GoldDope

Post by GoldDope »

phono wrote:use bcbox's bom spreadsheet, import the mouser fields into the mouser bom tool, then check if something is obsolete by reviewing your order and use the mouser chatroom and tell them you want a 100% exact substitute, they will sort it for you.
i used the spreadsheet thats where the probs started happening lol :( mismatches etc im using the v 1.3 spreadsheet ? but ill try the chat ;)

phono

Post by phono »

GoldDope wrote:
phono wrote:use bcbox's bom spreadsheet, import the mouser fields into the mouser bom tool, then check if something is obsolete by reviewing your order and use the mouser chatroom and tell them you want a 100% exact substitute, they will sort it for you.
i used the spreadsheet thats where the probs started happening lol :( mismatches etc im using the v 1.3 spreadsheet ? but ill try the chat ;)
read how to do it carefully, you dont want to paste all the spreadsheet, just the relevant parts

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General x0xing”