"when am i going to get a x0x?"

x0x0x0x0x0x

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
adafruit

"when am i going to get a x0x?"

Post by adafruit »

hey everyone. the x0xb0x project is nearing its end...its become very very difficult to source parts. nearly impossible in fact.
i'm also becoming more interested in projects that are less stressful/difficult/frustrating than the x0xb0x
so its not clear how many kits will be made and when.
but thats why we open sourced it! you can make PCBs (or buy them from the shop) and buy all the parts yourself.
it'll cost as much (or less) than buying a x0x
and ill get less angry email :)
hope you understand...
thx!
limor

ps. we'll continue to have pcbs, panels, etc in the shop. but full kits are on an unclear schedule. if you want a x0xb0x i strongly encourage 'self sourcing'
Last edited by adafruit2 on Wed May 21, 2008 10:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

phono

Post by phono »

thanks for making such a cool project open source

<3

crazy owen

Post by crazy owen »

hahaha I was wondering when this day would arrive... kinda sad but also cool for you to offer it at all in the first place and open source is easy enough. if it is that hard to source parts than that sucks but oh well, these machines/circuits are super vintage nowadays, no doubt. its amazing to me how many x0xb0x's there are already, that is a major feat for sure, you have to be incredibly proud of that, I mean shiiiiit, even if they arent all built yet, arent there over 700 out there!??!?! thats crazyness! in a good, acid loving kinda crazy way.

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

there were 750 kits sold, which is not bad
there may be more kits, but how many is unknown. probably not more than maybe another hundred
& the list is much longer than that

hamburgers

Post by hamburgers »

HOW DO I KNOW MY PLACE ON THE WAITING LIST

har har

suitandtieguy

Post by suitandtieguy »

yes, thanks again for contributing this excellent project to open source.

i have one, i love it to death, but i really want like 2 more. it's okay ... i can source them myself!

LoopStar

Post by LoopStar »

Thank you very much for the x0xb0x and for contributing it to the open source!

Do you mind if I ask what you're planning for the future? Any more synth-kits?

computer controlled

Post by computer controlled »

Sad =o[ I guess it's time to start sourcing out the parts! You did an awesome thing here, and made total kult classic synth in a very short period of time. There will be even more of these than the 777s! Limor rocks!

Superworms

Post by Superworms »

x0xb0x R.I.P

We will soon miss you

:( :(

SineSurfer

Post by SineSurfer »

Sad for the ones on the waiting list...

But on the other side, the business is over or at least harder for those taking big chunks of cash on eBay for the x0xb0x, nice work dudes!

hamburgers

Post by hamburgers »

SineSurfer wrote:Sad for the ones on the waiting list...

But on the other side, the business is over or at least harder for those taking big chunks of cash on eBay for the x0xb0x, nice work dudes!
you don't think they'll get moooore money now?

vlady

Post by vlady »

SineSurfer wrote:Sad for the ones on the waiting list...

It was never quite a business. This will only raise the prices of the b0xes that end up on ebay.

Thanks for making this project a true open source project Limor. Greatly appreciated even though I never got a chance to get an actual kit from you. I'll be ordering my second set of PCBs as soon as I get back from my vacation. My b0x needs a friend.
Last edited by vlady on Fri May 02, 2008 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

overfiendau

Post by overfiendau »

oh damn thats really sad.
I hope someone else will take over where ladyada will leave off.

Sokkan

Post by Sokkan »

ladyada wrote:there were 750 kits sold, which is not bad
How many of those have been built do you reckon? I bought my second x0xb0x unbuilt via a local ad. I guess there should be something like one hundred kits not finished yet out there, partially built but not functioning. I know I have some DIY stuff still unbuilt in my drawers...

resonator

Post by resonator »

I'm so glad that I ordered my x0x when I did.
Two years ago, I was hesitant. But thanks to a good friend, he convinced me to get on the waiting list. When I came up on the list in December '06, I placed the order and never looked back. It was worth all the effort (which was quite a bit since the x0x was my first DIY project ever).

I knew that someday these kits wouldn't be available for too long, and I'm suprised it went this far, considering how difficult it is to procure many rare components.
Having said all that, I'd like to thank Limor and The German for all of their efforts.

Limor, what's good for the future?
I'm particularly interested in the newer version of the MIDISense, and I'm hoping to see more updated info (and pictures) on the site.
TV-B-Gone looks cool too. I know I'll have fun with it.
But I really hope that you'll work on some more synths, or even better, a drum machine. :)

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General x0xing”