sync from tape (smpte) via mpc2000xl

x0x0x0x0x0x

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
aminoacid

sync from tape (smpte) via mpc2000xl

Post by aminoacid »

hi.

i got a 8ch tascam reel to reel some time ago and got it setup for tracking. i also got the smpte chip installed in my mpc2000xl so i can send and recieve smpte code.

i wanna have sync code on one of the 8 channels on the tape, then recieve it on my mpc and send midi sync to my xox, xbase09 and some dinsync machines.

i almost get everything to work but at best my xbase syncs good and in beat with the mpc but my xox always starts where it was last time or where ever it wants...

when i try different midi/dinsync chain setups i get different results, for instance midi to xox doesnt start right but the dinsync from xoxbox starts right...

of course when using the mpc as master and hit play, everything is supersyncing!!! its like it puts out another kind of midi start message or doesnt mannage to arrange the sync code properly when it listens to the smpte code.

yesterday i tried latest sokkos in all user modes but still cant get the sync working. i just dowloaded omsOS and gonna try it tonight.

has anybody worked with smpte and mpc? or know if theres something i might have missed?

i have some really cool stuff running on my machines 24/7. it wants to be tracked!!!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General x0xing”