Firmwire update Did not find xoxbox

x0x0x0x0x0x

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
L0D

Firmwire update Did not find xoxbox

Post by L0D »

Hi,
I'm new !

I passed two days reading forums about "did not find xoxbox" problems.... I understood I need to match Com X with corresponding one in the usb serial ...I did... I tried to used other ports (tested 1,2,3 and 4, of course in the software and the virtual port)... reduce things in the virtual ports(a bit randomly but i tested a lot of combinations) ...
The xoxbox is detected by my computers (I tried on two computers) but not by C0nTR0l it started to connect and always said did not find blabla... I installed also JRE and api comm,... in the cmd windows I can read it can't connect again(don't remember the precise message;;; avr something aybe)...

This a second hand mode machine .

I saw on the forum a modfiyied version of control but the link is dead... I hope you could help me . Thanks

EDIT : also tried BANNED, it is not recognize, and i can't flash the xox...

I understood sokkos (2.0 it seems) is the os installed because the machine can work with triplets for example

mmm

Re: Firmwire update Did not find xoxbox

Post by mmm »

As far as I know Sokkos 2.0 was not factory-installed with the Mode Machines devices; they seemed to have stuck with 1.9.1 for a long time.
This could possibly mean that USB has worked sometimes before (although naturally there are other ways to install a different firmware).

There could be different reasons for this - even something mundane as a faulty USB cable.
Can you connect to the xoxbox by USB when it is not in Bootload mode (to retrieve patterns and so on)? I take it you have installed the FTDI driver?

L0D

Re: Firmwire update Did not find xoxbox

Post by L0D »

hi !

Thanks for your help...

i gave up the other day, tonight i tried conbox on the second computer, try to dump pattern etc in non bootload as you said to check... successuf export;; then go in bootload mode ;;;bingo... it's working, firmwire update success !

thanks for your attention, i really don't understand which factor was problematic... anyway !

:-)

thanks !

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General x0xing”