Problem, No Midi Play or Keyboard function!

x0x0x0x0x0x

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Decair

Problem, No Midi Play or Keyboard function!

Post by Decair »

So here's the issue, my xox can be connected via usb and patterns edited. The unit can play audio in pat sync, midi sync mode and the tempo has been tested via midi to ableton, beatstep, and elektron octatrack. However while in midi play mode it does not receive midi from external sequencer and in keyboard mode it does not play notes when steps are pressed...this started recently and was working great up until a month ago...no damage to the external components and has not left the studio for a gig...I'm about ready to give up and seek a repair shop...any thoughts about this issue? I searched for anything remotely the same and found very little...other odd thing it does is that the sequencer will run when in these modes (no audio), can't say I've ever seen it do that before...

Decair

Re: Problem, No Midi Play or Keyboard function!

Post by Decair »

Ok, after a bit of inebriation I calmed down and took a breath...I went back to trouble shooting and found out that the issue is with the main encoder pot...if it is slightly nudged in an upward turn it works fine, release it and bam...back to retard mode...I'm going to have to replace the encoder and all will be good in the acid hood once more...

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General x0xing”