ESP32 using SPIFFS and IRremote.h
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

ESP32 using SPIFFS and IRremote.h

by JackTheSE on Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:04 pm

I'm well aware of the ESP32 conflict between the IRremote.h library, and anything that uses flash memory, like SPIFFS.h and EEPROM.h . I bought the Feather HAZZAH ESP 32 for a WiFi and IOAdafruit project. My sketch works fine using SPIFFS.h to save some config data, but only if I comment out the line "myIRrcvr.enableIRIn();". The problem is there is no equivalent disable function like "myIRreceiver.disableIRIn();". Is there another way to suspend or kill the IR object while I take care of SPIFFS business, then re-establish it afterwards?

Second question: Aside from the Feather HAZZAH ESP32 and the Feather HAZZAH ESP8266 (I have both), does Adafruit have a microcontroller, other than the HAZZAHs, that can use a WiFi shield of some sort? Some combination that works with WiFi.h, EEPROM.h and IRremote.h?

JackTheSE

Re: ESP32 using SPIFFS and IRremote.h

by JackTheSE on Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:26 pm

Just to move this project along a bit: Would a Metro M0 Express used with a WINC1500 WiFi shield have a chance of working properly?
I would just be using the Arduino IDE/programming environment. Could I just use the standard Arduino IRremote.h, EEPROM.h and WiFi.h libraries, or is something special needed? Thanks in advance...Jack

JackTheSE

Re: ESP32 using SPIFFS and IRremote.h

by adafruit_support_mike on Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:50 am

Most of our microcontrollers work with the WINC1500 Wifi breakout, using the Arduino Wif101 library for software support.

I don't know of any conflicts between Wifi101 and other libraries, but also don't know if they're compatible.

adafruit_support_mike

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.