Adafruit MEMs Microphone SPW2430 Datasheet
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Adafruit MEMs Microphone SPW2430 Datasheet

by kate1 on Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:01 am

Hi!
I would like to purchase Adafruit Silicon MEMS Microphone Breakout - SPW2430 but I cannot find any datasheet or even a schematic how to connect it. I was wondering if there is any info on the microphone's acoustical parameters? Does anyone know where I can find it?

kate1

Re: Adafruit MEMs Microphone SPW2430 Datasheet

by adafruit_support_mike on Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:49 am

Octopart has a datasheet for the mic:

https://datasheet.octopart.com/SPW2430H ... 840588.pdf

adafruit_support_mike

by kate1 on Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:17 am

Yeah, thank you for the mic documentation, I have already found that :D But I was wondering if there is any information about the whole module not only the microphone part - hot to connect it, what is inside it?

kate1

by adafruit_support_bill on Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:04 am

The circuit on the board is just the SPW2430 chip, a voltage regulator and some decoupling capacitors. The complete eagle-cad files including the schematics and board layout files are here: https://github.com/adafruit/Adafruit-SPW2430-PCB

The basic connections are described in the product description: https://www.adafruit.com/product/2716
If you can give us some details about how you plan to use it, we may be able to offer some more specific advice.

Using it is simple: connect GND to ground, Vin to 3.3-5VDC. For the best performance, use the "quietest" supply available (on an Arduino, this would be the 3.3V supply). The audio waveform will come out of the DC pin. The output will have a DC bias of 0.67V so when its perfectly quiet that's what you'll read, there's a little drift. If the audio equipment you're using requires AC coupled audio, you can grab the signal out of the AC pin, which has a 10uF capacitor in series.

The output pin is not designed to drive speakers or anything but the smallest in-ear headphones - you'll need an audio amplifier (such as our 3.7W stereo amp) if you want to connect the amp directly to speakers. If you're connecting to a microcontroller pin, you don't need an amplifier or decoupling capacitor - connect the DC pin directly to the microcontroller ADC pin.

adafruit_support_bill

by JReese84 on Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:47 pm

I purchased the Adafruit Silicon MEMS Microphone Breakout SPW2430. Do the output Mic signal have to be processed?

JReese84

by adafruit_support_bill on Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:49 pm

@JReese84 -
From the product description:
The output pin is not designed to drive speakers or anything but the smallest in-ear headphones - you'll need an audio amplifier (such as our 3.7W stereo amp) if you want to connect the amp directly to speakers. If you're connecting to a microcontroller pin, you don't need an amplifier or decoupling capacitor - connect the DC pin directly to the microcontroller ADC pin.

adafruit_support_bill

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.