Controller board for a Hitachi TX26D13VM2BAA
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Controller board for a Hitachi TX26D13VM2BAA

by SirAstynax on Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:15 pm

Hi all,
I am hoping that this is posted in the correct forum for this. I am trying to create a digital instrument cluster and would like to use a Hitachi TX26D13VM2BAA 800x256 Bar Style screen for the display. Though I wish the resolution was better, this seems to be all I can find. This display was chosen because its footprint is the largest I can fit in a stock instrument cluster for my vehicle. Its interface is CMOS, 18-bit RGB, 40 pin. Would the TFP401 HDMI/DVI Decoder work for this application?

Thank you in advance for your help and input.

SirAstynax

Re: Controller board for a Hitachi TX26D13VM2BAA

by adafruit_support_mike on Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:20 am

It may or may not.

There are no standards for display interfaces or pinouts. The displays we carry use a pinout that's fairly common, but not universal.

Your best bet will be to look at the breakout's schematic to see how the signals are arranged in the 40-pin connector:

https://learn.adafruit.com/assets/20621

and compare that to the documentation for the display you have.

adafruit_support_mike

by SirAstynax on Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:21 pm

Thank you for your assistance. I did compare the display pin-outs, and unfortunately it does not match up.

Do you possibly have somewhere I can check for a controller board? I am not nearly advanced enough in electronics to be able to build one myself, and I was hoping for a solution that would not cost hundreds of dollars.

Again, thank you for your reply.

SirAstynax

by adafruit_support_mike on Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:01 am

No, I'm afraid we don't have any resources for finding display controllers.. finding them is generally hard. In many cases, the only documentation that exists is proprietary, and the manufacturers only give it to the companies that order the displays.

If you can locate a product that uses the display, then find documentation like a service manual for that, you might get a hint about the general kind of driver that's compatible.

adafruit_support_mike

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.