Adafruit is open and shipping! Let's build back better, together!

FX Soundboard Library Troubles
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

FX Soundboard Library Troubles

by jcib1001 on Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:35 pm

Hello, I am moving on to the next step of my project where I want to have my Arduino Uno control the audio FX soundboard. I'm not very familiar with coding/electronics so I looked at the tutorial:
https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-aud ... io-control
and followed the wire connections. I then went into the Arduino IDE to download the Adafruit soundboard library and downloaded version 1.1.0. From there, I saw in the link in the tutorial that I needed to download a zip file from Github from the "releases" button(https://github.com/adafruit/Adafruit_Soundboard_library). I couldn't find the "releases" button from the image shown on the tutorial so I just skipped it since I thought I already had the soundboard library installed on the IDE. I then scrolled down the tutorial to the step where it says: " Now you can open up File->Examples->Adafruit_Soundboard->menu and upload to your Arduino wired up to the breakout". I did just that and had the exact same page as the image provided so I uploaded the code onto the Arduino and went into the serial monitor to see what happens(I also change the baud to be 115200). When I did that it says:

"Adafuit Sounboard!
Not Found. "

Does this have anything to do with me not downloaded the zip file, and if it does, how to I get this zip file?
Thanks for all your help!

jcib1001

Re: FX Soundboard Library Troubles

by mikeysklar on Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:43 pm

You should be fine with using the Adafruit Soundboard library that was included in the Arduino library manager (you do not need the github release).

Do you have your soundboard wired up to your UNO? Can you please post photos so we can verify the wiring looks correct? I suspect this is a wiring issue that is causing the UNO not to see the Soundboard correctly.

mikeysklar

Re: FX Soundboard Library Troubles

by jcib1001 on Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:52 pm

Yes, it works now! Thanks1

jcib1001

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.