M5Stack Faces Not Working

General project help for Adafruit customers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
HamzaJ1127

M5Stack Faces Not Working

Post by HamzaJ1127 »

Hi I recently made a big order of tech stuff to nerd around with, it all works fine except for the m5stack faces, which does not turn on and simply makes a loud whir, and yes I've already tried loading firmware onto it as well as charging it, it just does not work. I'm no tech expert, but I know a decent bit of stuff from experience with tech tinkering but I doubt I can make it work. A refund would be preferable as if I were to get a replacement I realize it would likely be on aliexpress or something of the sort to replace the order. I would like to say though that adafruit is awesome! I'm very happy with the other orders I made as well as the speedy time it came so thanks! Also with the 2 picos I ordered I realize I got the 4 dollar version instead of the 5 dollar one with the gpio things. I can't really use my picos so if it is possible could I get those things you include in the 5 dollar basics kits? I'm willing to pay a few dollars for that so you don't waste the shipping and because well that's 2 dollars for two of those things. Anyways yeah that's all! Sorry I don't think this is how forum postings are supposed to go but I'm supposed to go here for defective items so yeah. Thanks!!!

mikeysklar

Re: M5Stack Faces Not Working

Post by mikeysklar »

@HamzaJ1127,

When did you place your order?

Can you drop an e-mail to [email protected] about your unit just making the whirring noise. They might better be able to do the quick sanity before starting the refund process.

Which Picos did you order and which ones did you receive? Please use the part# so we can help you get that worked out.

HamzaJ1127

Post by HamzaJ1127 »

Hey, do I give you all the information or the email?

mikeysklar

Post by mikeysklar »

Ideally this post would have been two separate ones as the m5stack needs to go through their email support [email protected] and the pico exchange need to go through our [email protected] . You should send two separate e-mails. On the picos when requesting an exchange for the header vs non-header units be clear about what you are ordered and are asking for (part numbers). Include your original order number as well.

HamzaJ1127

Post by HamzaJ1127 »

I've asked m5stacks

They said this

Hi,

Good day, and thx for choosing M5 products!

To reflash the device with factory test example would help to solve most issues. Would you pls visit below Docs page, to flash the kit with Arduino IDE, UIFlow, or EasyLoader?
https://docs.m5stack.com/en/core/face_kit

If not, you can contact Adafruit for after-sales service. Thx!
-----
After telling them their instructions didn't work they haven't responded. It's been a week. Can I please get a refund. I'm sorry for the inconvenience

mikeysklar

Post by mikeysklar »

Thank you for taking the time to contact M5stacks. We will refund you if possible.

When was the order placed?

Where is the failure point during the suggested flash process?

HamzaJ1127

Post by HamzaJ1127 »

The order was placed

well here's just all the information

ORDER DATE AND TIMEORDER IDTOTALSTATUSVIEW
June 13, 2021 @ 6:29 PM 2588313-1611685590 $194.79SHIPPED:

Though I believe the m5stacks was around 80 and then there was tax which I believe is 1.075 percent where I live.

The error is, well it's not recognized by usb or the official m5stacks application, but it is recognized by some older m5stacks application but no matter what I do there nothing happens, besides a high pitched whine. And I've tried booting every software onto there. Apparently the m5stack came with some software as default but I never saw it so I believe the device was DOA

mikeysklar

Post by mikeysklar »

Alright. I appreciate you getting back to me with you findings.

Go ahead and send an e-mail to [email protected] requesting a return for the m5stacks with the order# you provided here and a link to this forum thread. It has been over 30-days, but you had opened the forum thread before that so it will not be an issue.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General Project help”