Due to high demand and inclement weather, expect some shipping delays at this time, orders may not ship for 4-5 business days.

Propmaker lightsaber neopixel not responding
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Propmaker lightsaber neopixel not responding

by BJCM on Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:57 am

I am using a Feather M4 express and Propmaker and working through the lightsaber build project. I currently have the boards powered via usb while I test things out. I have loaded the base code.py that came with the project. All of the sounds and functions (hit, swing, etc.) are working. However, only the first LED on the mini-skinny led strip will light up and it will only light up blue regardless of the value set to the variable "color". The neopixel strip is connected via the JST connector. Any help you can provide is appreciated.

BJCM

Re: Propmaker lightsaber neopixel not responding

by dastels on Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:06 am

Can you run some basic tests on the strip? Just a simple program that sets it all to various colors.

Dave

dastels

by BJCM on Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:19 am

Thank you for the reminder to simplify the situation. Once I tried a simple program with just the lights and tested things with my multimeter, I found the issue. The specialty connector I had in place to allow a blade quick connect was not passing power or data to the strip.

BJCM

by dastels on Fri Dec 10, 2021 11:03 am

That'll do it.

Have fun!

Dave

dastels

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.