44C2 5V meter will not read over 4.5V

General project help for Adafruit customers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
romney

44C2 5V meter will not read over 4.5V

Post by romney »

I bought 2, ELECALL 44C2 meters. One works fine. The other one will not read full range. It stops at a bout 4.5V. The bottom of the range (0V input) is about 0.3V. So I cannot adjust it to read the full range as it is already past the zero in the low end. I verified it is the meter by swapping meters in my circuit, and the problem follows the bad meter. The good meter reads correctly regardless of which circuit it is in.

I just bought these about 2 weeks ago, but sadly do not have the receipt. Can I exchange this meter, or do I have to buy another one?

adafruit_support_mike

Re: 44C2 5V meter will not read over 4.5V

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

Yeah, we can do a replacement. The comparison test is good diagnostic evidence, and you’re well with our 30-day return/replace period.

Send a note containing a link to this page and your order number to [email protected]. You can get the order number from the order history of your user account if you don’t have the confirmation email. The folks on our business support team will get you a replacement.

romney

Post by romney »

This will sound like a complaint, and I guess it is a little. It took so long to get a reply that I gave up and printed a special meter face so I could use the meter with the offset voltage range. I think at this point I will keep it.

adafruit_support_mike

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

You're still welcome to a replacement, even if you found another solution. You can use the new one for some other project.

romney

Post by romney »

Thanks for your help. A new meter is being shipped to me. The old one still seems to have more problems, so I need the new one. Again, thanks for the help.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General Project help”