Due to high demand, expect some shipping delays at this time - orders may not ship for up to 2-3 business days.

Impulse Latching Relay That Resets to NO Upon Removal of Pow
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Impulse Latching Relay That Resets to NO Upon Removal of Pow

by GoremanX on Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:03 pm

I'm looking for a latching relay that is NO, will switch between NO and NC upon application of a momentary signal (ie. when it's NO, a momentary signal switches it from NO to NC and it stays there, and then another momentary signal to the same coil switches it back from NC to NO and it stays there). These are pretty common, they're impulse latching relays. But I also want the relay to always reset to NO anytime power is removed altogether from the relay, so that its state is always NO when power is first applied. I'm having a very hard time finding such a relay. Is there such a beast?

GoremanX

Re: Impulse Latching Relay That Resets to NO Upon Removal of

by adafruit_support_bill on Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:13 am

But I also want the relay to always reset to NO anytime power is removed altogether from the relay, so that its state is always NO when power is first applied.

No power applied is the normal state for a latching relay. You only apply power to the coil to change the state. To achieve what you want, you would need a non-latching relay and some front-end circuitry to toggle the coil state based on a pulse.

adafruit_support_bill

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.