bq24074 and power supply

General project help for Adafruit customers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
garberw

bq24074 and power supply

Post by garberw »

bq24074 and power supply: I am trying to fit a lot of cables through a gland to an enclosure. I would like to use one less cable. Going through the gland if possible are:
(1) cat 3 cable with rj11 plug.
(2) a usb data cable for a raspberry pi zero micro male to micro female.
(3) solar panel power cable with barrel jack for bq24074.
(4) a wall transfrormer power cable with barrel jack. inside enclosure barrel jack is connected to adapter to usb c which plugs into usb c port on bq24074.
(4) provides power when solar not operating.
Instead of using (4) could I just connect the wall transformer barrel jack to the female barrel jack (normally for solar) on the bq24074 when the solar panel is not operating?
I don't think two barrel jacks will fit through the gland.
thank you.

adafruit_support_bill

Re: bq24074 and power supply

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

Instead of using (4) could I just connect the wall transformer barrel jack to the female barrel jack (normally for solar) on the bq24074 when the solar panel is not operating?
Yes, that is possible. Another option: since you already have a USB cable coming into the enclosure, you could possibly get power into the box that way.

garberw

Post by garberw »

in other words eliminate wire (4) and reuse the wire (3) for the solar panel; instead of connecting it to the solar panel outside the enclosure, connect wire (3) to the power supply outside the enclosure. Inside the enclosure the wire (3) is plugged in to the bq24074 barrel jack as usual. Would this work?

garberw

Post by garberw »

thank you.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General Project help”