Peristaltic pump tubing inquiry

General project help for Adafruit customers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
longboard

Peristaltic pump tubing inquiry

Post by longboard »

Hello I am using one of the Adafruit peristaltic pump's (product #1150) in a project and would like to replace the tubing that goes through the pump/rollers if possible with a longer section. The tubing appears to be silicon based but I am not sure where I can purchase the correct OD and ID for my Adafruit peristaltic pump.

Thank you

adafruit_support_bill

Re: Peristaltic pump tubing inquiry

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

It is silicone tubing. US Plastics and McMaster Carr both stock a pretty wide selection of silicone tubing.

longboard

Post by longboard »

OK thank you. Is there a spec for the correct OD and ID of the tubing?

adafruit_support_bill

It does vary a bit from lot-to-lot from our supplier. Your best bet is to measure the one you have.

Like most peri-pumps, the mechanism can accommodate some variation in OD and wall thickness. But the effective flow rate may change depending on the tubing ID and wall stiffness. You may need to re-calibrate with the new tubing.

longboard

Post by longboard »

OK I understand. I will measure the diameter of the tubing that is currently being used in my pump.

Thanks again!

leo_nerd

Post by leo_nerd »

Hi! I need to start building a 3D model while I wait for the pump I ordered to arrive, and I need to know the diameter of the tubing. Would you mind sharing here the diameter you measured? Thank you!

ben weinberg

Post by ben weinberg »

I have spent considerable time searching for the specific tubing that is used in this pump, product ID: 1150, without success. I have checked US Plastics (no matches) and McMaster-Carr, from which I bought the closest match to the size the pump has. Unfortunately, the wall thickness was about twice as thick and wouldn't work. I did find a medical grade tubing supplier but their price was $157 for 25' of the same tubing dimension as the original. Wacker Silicones 60-825-70)

It would be great if Adafruit would stock this tubing.

adafruit_support_bill

Thanks for the suggestion. I will forward it to our products team.

nabramso

Post by nabramso »

I ordered the 1 meter tubing from Adafruit to replace the tubing however the OD and wall thickness is much larger than what is inside the pump head. With the replacement tubing the rollers will not move. Did I get the wrong sized tubing with my order or is this tubing meant to extend lines outside the pump?

Silicone Tubing for Peristaltic Liquid Pump - 1 Meter

Nate

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General Project help”