PICADE Display Issue - No video/bad driver board

General project help for Adafruit customers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
wescaba

PICADE Display Issue - No video/bad driver board

Post by wescaba »

Hello,

I have purchased the PICADE kit from your company but it looks like I may have a defective part. I believe that the driver board for the LCD may be defective.

I utilized the support on Pimoroni.com and they believe that the driver board is bad. Is it possible to get a replacement for this part which came as part of my kit?

To sum up the troubleshooting which was performed:

PICADE works when plugged into other HDMI displays. The configuration, settings and ports have been confirmed to be configured correctly. Ribbon cables are connected properly. When plugged in the KIT's LCD screen turns all blue and is getting power but the LCD turns off a few seconds later as it does not appear to be receiving a signal from the Raspberry PI3. The Raspberry PI3 device was confirmed to work by plugged it into a different HDMI monitor.

When i contacted Pimoroni for support, they recommended sending me a replacement driver board but I because I did not order from them, they recommended contacting you to see if you can replace the part.

Please let me know how to proceed. Everything else appears to be working. I am just unable to use the display as the driver board appears to be defective. So i get no video.

thank you,

adafruit_support_mike

Re: PICADE Display Issue - No video/bad driver board

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

If the folks at Pimoroni have already approved a replacement, we don't need to do any additional troubleshooting here.

Send a note containing a link to this thread, your order number, and a link to the communication you've had with Pimoroni to [email protected]. The folks there will get you a replacement.

wescaba

Re: PICADE Display Issue - No video/bad driver board

Post by wescaba »

adafruit_support_mike wrote:If the folks at Pimoroni have already approved a replacement, we don't need to do any additional troubleshooting here.

Send a note containing a link to this thread, your order number, and a link to the communication you've had with Pimoroni to [email protected]. The folks there will get you a replacement.
Thanks, They have contacted me back. They are going to send a replacement board. Thank you.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General Project help”