push button 24 volts

General project help for Adafruit customers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Jaimereyes61

Re: push button 24 volts

Post by Jaimereyes61 »

Hi, looks like you are confuse, i show you my blue print, belong to my switch i am using to operate the compressor, that part is good and working.
Now i want to use your led switch 5 pin , too operate my compressor from another room , so i need to add your switch with the resistor you toll me to added
to what pin ?
to get 24 volts
if you need to contact me please dial : 720-878-7369 j
Jaime Reyes

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

Hi, looks like you are confuse
We can only work with the information you have provided. Based on the schematic you have posted, the connections the only difference in the wiring is to replace the jumper with a resister as I instructed in my previous post.
to what pin ?
to get 24 volts
That is not a question for Adafruit. The 24 volts is coming from your compressor circuit, not from the switch.

According to the diagram you posted, the red wire goes to the Common "C" lug of the switch and the blue wire to the Normally Open "NO" lug. Connect the white wire to the "-" lug for the led and wire the resistor between the "C" and "+" lugs.

Jaimereyes61

Post by Jaimereyes61 »

OK , NOW I WANT TO USE YOUR SWITCH LED, CAN YOU TELL ME HOW WIRED AND IF I NEED TO ADD A RESISTOR?
THANKS
Attachments
WIN_20170608_19_36_01_Pro.jpg
WIN_20170608_19_36_01_Pro.jpg (138.84 KiB) Viewed 438 times

Franklin97355

Post by Franklin97355 »

OK , NOW I WANT TO USE YOUR SWITCH LED, CAN YOU TELL ME HOW WIRED AND IF I NEED TO ADD A RESISTOR?
THANKS
According to the diagram you posted, the red wire goes to the Common "C" lug of the switch and the blue wire to the Normally Open "NO" lug. Connect the white wire to the "-" lug for the led and wire the resistor between the "C" and "+" lugs.

alphanumeric

Post by alphanumeric »

A link to the Adafruit product page for that specific switch would help. Is it a momentary contact switch? If it is, the contacts are only switched when depressed, and switch back to the default when you take your finger off of the button. Also, your driving an LED indicator (which wants a DC voltage) not a light bulb which will work with AC or DC.

Jaimereyes61

Post by Jaimereyes61 »

I , how are you today?
I wired the switch as you toll me , and is working great.
now my question is : i want to used the switches in 5 rooms ( 1 switch per room ) the idea is , once i go the room , i need to used the compressor by using the switch , and if i need to go the next room then i can used other switch to continue operate the compressor.
thanks, for your help.!

adafruit_support_bill

You can just wire them all the same way. Just connect the wires from all the buttons in parallel to your compressor. If any one button is pressed, it should turn on the compressor.

Jaimereyes61

Post by Jaimereyes61 »

Hi, how are you today?
I just want to tell you, Thanks !!!
All switches are working OK according to my project
See you with the next project.

adafruit_support_bill

That is good to hear. Thank you for the follow-up.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General Project help”